A delicious dessert is just minutes away. Recipes do not get much easier than this banana cream pie and the results are fabulous!
This super simple banana cream pie is perfect for a last minute dessert. It’s also a great quick and easy make ahead. There is no cooking involved, it only takes a few minutes to make and requires just a few simple ingredients!
Life is always hectic this time of year. There are festivals, dance recitals, end of school year activities and more.
But just because life is busy doesn’t mean you can’t eat deliciously. It just means you have to have a few tricks up your sleeves!
This banana cream pie is perfect for a carry-in. It’s also a great cool and creamy summer treat.
With the help of a premade pie crust and some instant pudding, you can have it ready to go in about 10 minutes. The hardest part is whipping the cream, and I know you can handle that!
You can eat your pie right away if you’d like, but I like letting it sit in the refrigerator for a bit first. It gives the banana a chance to give some flavor to the pie and helps it firm up a bit.
For this pie you want to use nice yellow bananas. The green ones are a little to firm and starchy.
If you are in the mood for quick and easy desserts, you may also like my cousin Emily’s no bake peanut butter chocolate bars. They are one of my husband’s all time favorites!
Do you have a favorite quick and easy dessert recipe? I’m all ears. After all, I’m always looking for an excuse to whip up a treat!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, super cold
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crust
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into a medium bowl and beat on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix until smooth and thick. Fold in 3 cups of your whipping cream.
- Spoon half of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped cream and refrigerate until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with fresh banana slices right before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.