Share with your friends!
These cookie bars are loaded with brown sugar and chocolate chips. They are quick and easy to make and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Cookie bars are a time saving treat. They are a great way to make a dessert without lots of effort or multiple batches in the oven. This version has the warmth of brown sugar and goodness of chocolate chips baked in.
Chocolate chip cookies are always a hit with my family. They are definitely a classic for a reason.
But sometimes I don’t have the time or energy to make tray after tray of cookies. The chilling, scooping and rotating one tray of cookies at a time through the oven can be too much.
Luckily there are cookie bars to help solve that problem! There is no chilling to do and only one trip to the oven!
Cut them into bars and you have the perfect little treat. Wrap them up for lunch box snacks and your kids will feel extra special.
They are also great for carry-ins or picnics. You could even wrap them individually and freeze them for a quick grab and go snack later.
You could also very easily press this into a 12″ skillet or a couple of 8″ rounds for cookie cakes. Just be sure to shave some time off the baking for the smaller pans if you go that route.
Soft sugar cookie bars are another favorite of ours. They are a great way to make frosted sugar cookies faster and easier.
You may also like MiMi’s chocolate chip cookie dough Texas sheet cake. It is a quick way to get a similar flavor in sheet cake form!
Do you have a favorite bar cookie? I’d love to hear all about it!
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed tightly
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until it is completely incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until just mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in a 9×13″ pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.
Share with your friends!