Chocolate chip brown sugar bars are simple but delicious. Their texture is almost a cross between a cookie and cake. They are a lovely way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
These easy brown sugar bars are dotted with plenty of yummy chocolate chips. The bars are soft and really highlight the flavor of the brown sugar.
Bars are a time saving treat. They are a great way to make a dessert without lots of effort or multiple batches in the oven.
This version has the warmth of brown sugar and goodness of chocolate chips baked in.
Chocolate chip cookies are always a hit with my family. They are definitely a classic for a reason.
But sometimes I don’t have the time or energy to make tray after tray of cookies. The chilling, scooping and rotating one tray of cookies at a time through the oven can be too much.
Luckily there are plenty of great dessert bars to help solve that problem. There is no chilling to do and only one trip to the oven!
Cut them into squares and you have the perfect little treat. Wrap them up for lunch box snacks and your kids will feel extra special.
They are also great for carry-ins or picnics. You could even wrap them individually and freeze them for a quick grab and go snack later.
You could also very easily press this into a 12″ skillet or a couple of 8″ rounds for cookie cakes. Just be sure to shave some time off the baking for the smaller pans if you go that route.
More Great Recipes to Try
For a layered twist on chocolate chip cookie bars, try mud hen bars. They have a cookie base topped with chocolate chips and a brown sugar meringue.
Soft sugar cookie bars are another favorite of ours. They are a great way to make frosted sugar cookies faster and easier.
You may also like MiMi’s chocolate chip cookie dough Texas sheet cake. It is a quick way to get a similar flavor in sheet cake form!
Do you have a favorite bar cookie? I’d love to hear all about it!
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Bars
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 2¼ cups light brown sugar packed tightly
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until it is completely incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until just mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 9×13″ pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.