Simple and cute, these jumbo marshmallow snowmen will make the cutest cup of hot cocoa you’ve ever had!
I think hot chocolate is one of those special drinks. All that smooth, sweet and creamy warmth in a mug just feels like a smile.
So why not go ahead and give it a smile?! I just love dressing it up and making it feel just that little bit more special.
These are so easy to make and really do up the cute factor of your cup of cocoa! All you have to do is cut your jumbo marshmallows in half.
Dip the cut sides in powdered sugar to keep them from sticking to everything.
Pipe on orange royal icing for the carrot noses.
Then pipe on black royal icing for the eyes and mouth. Don’t be afraid to get a little creative if you have some fun ideas!
Even people like me who aren’t so creative can pull out a few variations. It is fun to see their little personalities come through.
As much fun as it is to have a bunch of mini marshmallows floating in your cup of hot cocoa, a giant snowman face is even better!
Jumbo Marshmallow Snowmen
- 18 Jumbo Marshmallows
- 2 T Powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Royal icing
- orange and black food gel
- Cut marshmallows in half. Dust the cut sides with powdered sugar.
- Dye some icing orange and the rest black. Spoon into piping bags or sandwich bags.
- Either cut a corner out of your bag, or use a small round piping tip to pipe on the eyes and noses.
- Let sit out at least overnight so the icing can set, then store in an airtight container until ready to use.