Juicy pork loin wrapped in bacon and cooked on the grill is loaded with flavor. It is a great way to feed your family or a crowd. Make a whole loin or part of one and enjoy a fabulous dinner!
This is one of our favorite dinners. Size it to feed just your family or make a whole loin for a party. You can change the seasonings to your liking. So get your sides ready, dinner is going to be good!
My Aunt Jenny and Uncle Jim have been making this pork loin for a number of years now. They have made it for us a few times and every time it has been delicious!
We even had it for Christmas dinner one year. With the meat going on the grill, you can fill the oven with fabulous sides!
You can very easily alter the flavor of this pork by changing what what seasonings you use. Just follow the directions for cooking and you will have tender and moist pork loin every time!
Just look at all of that bacon. It has to be good!
Yesterday’s dinner was so good! We soaked the corn on the cob and threw it on the grill about a half hour before dinner. The bacon wrapped pork loin recipe is on the blog. We were lucky enough to get to use bacon my brother and parents made for both that and the cabbage. That big foil ball is filled with a head of cabbage, bacon amd some beer for it to braise in. I may put the recipe on the blog. It was really tasty but not the prettiest! #csachallenge #grilling #csa @terripinfarms
Here are a couple more bacon filled grilled masterpieces:
- 1 large pork loin (cut it in half, use half now, half later)
- 1 lb bacon
- Seasoning/rub of choice (Aunt Jenny says they like Jamaican Jerk or a BBQ rub. She also said it is great with brown sugar added to the rub)
- Soak skewers or toothpicks in water.
- Generously coat loin with seasonings/rub of your choice.
- Take strips of raw bacon and wrap around the circumference of the loin and secure with skewers or toothpicks. Leave about a slice of bacon’s width between the bacon strips.
- Apply more rub to cover the loin and bacon.
- Sear over high heat (direct flame) on both sides on grill.
- Turn off one side of the grill and bring the other down to a medium flame.
- Cook over indirect heat (keep meat on the side that is off) for 45 minutes then flip over.
- Cook another 45 minutes still over indirect heat.
- Remove from grill and tent with foil for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.