These green egg and ham sliders are a fun entree for Dr. Seuss themed party. Whether it’s a birthday, a classroom celebration or a baby shower, these are sure to be a hit!
The minute we decided on a Dr. Seuss themed party for Little Dude’s birthday, I knew there had to be green eggs and ham on the menu.
Luckily these sliders can be prepped ahead, taking some of the work off your plate on party day. They were a hit with our guests and I’m sure they will be with yours as well!
Green Eggs and Ham has always been one of our favorite books. It is just so fun to read and of course there’s the hidden message of not deciding you don’t like something without even trying it.
Sometimes looks can be deceiving and every once in a while something will surprise you. The story would have been a lot less fun had Sam I Am talked him into eating green eggs and ham on the first try, but just imagine all of the effort they could have saved themselves!
These fun sliders can be prepped the night before the party, so all you have to do the day of is bake them off. I just love the melty cheese and golden buttery rolls. Plus I love the small size.
One slider is perfect for the kiddos and a few more for the adults. I always overdo it a bit on food as I never want somebody to leave my house hungry, so I made a triple batch of these little guys.
I also made a triple batch of turkey, ham and cheese sliders. So that was two sheet pans full of sandwiches. We ended up with a batch of each left. They made a perfect snack the next day when folks stopped by to play with the birthday loot .
The leftovers reheat well wrapped tightly in foil and placed in the oven. They don’t stay as toasty, but they still are tasty reheated in the microwave for 15 seconds or so. By the end of the next day all 72 sliders were gone!
While I don’t recommend eating them with a mouse or fox, you could eat them in a house or box! Just keep them in mind next time you are looking to do something fun for breakfast. Or if you are celebrating Dr. Seuss in the classroom, for a baby shower or birthday party!
More Fun Slider Recipes
- Tish’s Tasty Turkey Grilled Cheese Sliders
- Ham Egg and Cheese Sliders
- Hot Turkey, Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- 12 dinner rolls (I used Hawaiian style)
- 8 ounces thin sliced ham
- 8 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- a few drops of green food coloring
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- oil for cooking the eggs
- Grease a 9×13-inch pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and food coloring until well mixed. Adjust coloring until you get the desired shade of green.
- Cook eggs until just set in a large skillet with a bit of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the rolls in half across the equator and place the bottoms in the greased pan.
- Layer with ham, then eggs and cheese then cover with the top halves of the rolls.
- Melt butter and stir in mustard. Brush over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake right away or store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Bake covered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes, then remove cover and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melty and the tops are golden.
- Best served right away.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.