Make super simple French dip sandwiches in the instant pot for a deceptively easy dinner. It is a quick way to make a delicious roast beef sandwich with yummy gravy for dipping if desired.
Getting these French dip sandwiches on the table could not be easier. Melt some cheese on top and enjoy them with some au jous from the pot for an extra tasty meal.
Just because the schedule is full doesn’t mean you can’t have tasty home cooked meals. Luckily with a few tricks up your sleeve, you can serve something delicious without a lot of effort.
All it takes is a little bit of planning and a collection of good recipes and you will be in business. One pot meals and skillet dinners are great options for all in one meals.
Making the sandwich filling
This recipe is super delicious with thinly sliced meat. The folks at your grocery store meat counter will likely do this for you if you ask.
Alternatively you can try it yourself. If you do this, it is easier to do if the meat is partially frozen.
You can also cook chunks of meat and she’d them if you prefer. Just add a couple of minutes to the cook time to make sure the meat is cooked through.
Saute the onions in the instant pot for a few minutes. Then add the meat and broth.
A few minutes under high pressure is all it takes to get the filling ready. Remove the meat from the juice and load it up on buns.
Add some cheese and you could really be ready to eat. To take them to the next level, toss them under the broiler for a minute.
Now serve the sandwiches with a small bowl of the broth. Dip your sandwich in for a fabulous entree.
More great quick and simple meals
Sausage, kale and farro in the instant pot makes for a hearty and nutritious meal. It is loaded with texture and will fill you up.
Creamy delicious risotto with chicken and spinach stirred right in sounds complicated, but it’s super simple with the help of an instant pot.
Chicken Parmesan sandwiches are a perfect busy night dinner. The chicken cooks in the slow cooker all day so all you have to do is shred and assemble when you get home!
Make pizza night even more fun with a pull apart pizza crescent ring. It is quick and easy to make and tastes amazing.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
French Dip Sandwiches in the Instant Pot
- 1 lb. of sliced sirloin beef
- ½ onion sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 10 oz can of French onion soup
- 14 oz can of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 slices of provolone
- 8 split top rolls
- Set the instant pot to sauté and add the oil, sliced onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the beef and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add broth, Worcestershire, soup, salt and pepper and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Manually release pressure and strain the juice into a bowl.
- Once meat and onion are strained, place in a roll, top with a half slice of provolone and set sandwiches under a broiler for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve sandwiches with reserved broth as a dipping sauce.