These chicken Parmesan sandwiches are a perfect busy night dinner. The chicken cooks in the slow cooker all day so all you have to do is shred and assemble when you get home!
These super tasty sandwiches are a perfect busy evening meal. The filling is an easy dump and cooker slow cooker recipe. When you get home all you have to do is shred it and assemble the sandwiches.
You can eat them as is, but a quick trip to the oven for just a few minutes makes them even better. This is one your whole family will love for sure!
Happy Valentine’s Day! I probably should be sharing something decadent and chocolaty with you. Or maybe something meatless to kick off Lent.
But I remade these chicken Parmesan sandwiches recently and I couldn’t hold out on you any longer!
If you are abstaining from meat today, just put these on the menu for tomorrow! Or save them for the next busy day where you know everyone will be chasing their tails amd hungry for a tasty dinner.
That is where the slow cooker comes in handy. It is nice to dump a few ingredients in the pot in the morning and come home to dinner almost ready.
All you have to do when you get home is toast up the buns and shred the chicken. Top it with some provolone and stick it back in the oven for a minute and you’ll have yourself a great meal.
The buns are toasty, with that garlic butter goodness. The meat is tender and flavorful and of course melted cheese always makes things a bit better!
These Italian flavors are always a hit with my gang. But if you would like something a bit different, you may like these other slow cooker chicken recipes.
If a burrito bowl is what you have in mind, you should make the salsa chicken for sure! It is full of flavor and great served over lime cilantro rice.
Oooooh, or honey sesame chicken! Now I’m hungry and want them all.
Every time we have a good slow cooker dinner like this, it makes me wonder why I don’t use it more often. I have a few ideas I want to try out soon.
Hopefully they’ll work out and I can share them with you. What are your favorite things to cook in the slow cooker?
For another fun twist on chicken parm, try chicken Parmesan stuffed shells. They are fancy enough for guests, but really pretty simple to put together.
- 3 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 24 oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- 8 hoagie or hamburger buns
- 1 T butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 8 slices provolone
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder and oregano. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place open buns, cut side up on a baking sheet. Melt butter and stir in garlic salt. Brush over bun faces. Place in oven and cook until lightly toasted, 5-10 minutes.
- Shred chicken with a couple of forks. Then mound on top of the bottom halves of the burger buns. Top with a slice of cheese and place back in the oven to melt the cheese, this should take only a couple of more minutes.
- Dinner is ready!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 1168mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 65g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.