This breakfast pizza can be customized with all of your favorite toppings. The hash brown crust is what will steal the show though! What a fun base for a breakfast pizza!
Take some of your breakfast favorites and turn them into pizza! But this isn’t just any breakfast pizza, the crust is made from golden hash browns. Top it with scrambled eggs, your favorite meats or veggies and some cheese and you are really in business. It is a great filling breakfast, brunch or even dinner option!
This pizza has been a favorite for a number of years now. MiMi made a bunch of them for my cousin Cori’s bridal shower.
They were a big hit with everyone. You can adjust the toppings to whatever you like.
We have made some with leftover ham to use and green onions from our herb garden. We have made them with bacon and bell peppers.
Little Dude prefers his all meat eggs and cheese, so we went with ham and sausage for toppings when we made the video. He claimed all of the leftovers!
Really the topping combinations are endless. Anything you like in your omelets would be a perfect addition!
I originally shared this recipe back in 2015. But I thought it was worth revisiting.
So we have added new pictures, made the recipe card more user friendly and Little Dude and I made a video so you can see exactly how we do it!
The short, sped up version is embedded right here in the post. The longer version is available over on YouTube, just click the thumbnail right above the recipe card if you’d like to see it.
Here is some of the original post from 2015:
If you follow along, you know by now that we like breakfast food but we rarely eat a real breakfast. Don’t worry, little dude eats a huge breakfast every morning… we aren’t starving the kid.
But, my husband and I rarely eat actual breakfast. So, we save our breakfast for dinner! This made an excellent brinner for the three of us.
Little dude loves eggs and cheese, so I knew he would like this pizza. This kid begs for hard boiled eggs.
He likes to crack them on the counter himself, or sometimes on his head. (Thanks for that one Nana!)
Then he goes over to the trash can and carefully peels his egg. In the beginning, I would check them over before he could eat them to make sure he got all of the shell.
Now, I trust that he has it all off. That is how much this little guy loves his eggs!
So, it shouldn’t be surprising that he liked this pizza so much he asked for some for some the next day for breakfast and more for dinner! (Two years later this all still rings true!)
More fun egg based breakfast ideas:
Tater Tot Egg Casserole is a classic. Again, you can easily change up the flavors and it is loaded with egg and potato goodness.
Bacon, egg and hashbrown sheet pan breakfast is a new favorite of ours. You get all of your breakfast favorites on one pan and with no splatter!
If making classic breakfast favorites in a new way appeals to your, check out our sheet pan bacon and eggs in a hole recipe. It’s got the goodness of egg in the hole, with the greatness of bacon. Plus you can make 6 pieces at once!
Watch us make this breakfast pizza on YouTube:
- 1 (25-30 ounce) package hash browns, thawed
- 2 eggs
- to taste seasoned salt and pepper
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- toppings such as sausage, ham, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers etc.
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Beat together two eggs. Stir in thawed hash browns and some seasoned salt until evenly coated. (Use a fair amount of salt, that is a lot of potatoes to season!) Pat the hash browns into a circle on top of the parchment paper. Use your hands to apply some pressure so that everything sticks together. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and milk and cook via your favorite method. (I did stove top, but feel free to use the microwave.) You want to cook them to a soft scramble.
- When the crust is finished baking, spread eggs and other toppings evenly throughout. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for additional 10 minutes. Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.