This breakfast pizza can be customized with all of your favorite toppings. The hash brown crust will steal the show though, it is the perfect base for a brunch pizza.
Take some of your breakfast favorites and turn them into pizza! But this isn’t just any breakfast pizza, the crust is made from golden hash browns.
Top it with scrambled eggs, your favorite meats or veggies and some cheese and you are really in business. It is a great filling breakfast, brunch or even dinner option!
This pizza has been a favorite for a number of years now. MiMi made a bunch of them for my cousin’s bridal shower.
They were a big hit with everyone. You can adjust the toppings to whatever you like.
We have made some with leftover ham to use and green onions from our herb garden. We have made them with bacon and bell peppers.
Little Dude prefers his all meat eggs and cheese, so we went with ham and sausage for toppings when we made the video. He claimed all of the leftovers!
Really the topping combinations are endless. Anything you like in your omelets would be a perfect addition!
I originally shared this recipe back in 2015. But I thought it was worth revisiting.
So we have added new pictures, made the recipe card more user friendly and Little Dude and I made a video so you can see exactly how we do it!
Making the Hash Brown Pizza Crust:
What makes this recipe so special is it takes that morning time classic, hashbrowns and turns them into the base of this pizza. That accomplishes two things.
The first is it allows you to avoid making a yeast dough. Not that it’s hard, but it does take some time and if your family is hungry for breakfast, that may be time you don’t have.
The second is it gives you a super fun crust on which to build your pizza. It just takes a few minutes to put together.
The hardest part is remembering to put the hashbrowns in the refrigerator the day before so they can thaw. But don’t worry, if you forget you can defrost them in a big glass bowl in the microwave.
Then just toss them with a couple of beaten eggs, some seasoned salt and black pepper. Pat it into a circle and bake it.
That is it! While it’s in the oven you can make the scrambled eggs and prep any other toppings you are going to put on your pizza.
Tips for the Best Hash Brown Crust:
- Use parchment paper to keep it from sticking.
- Remember that potatoes love seasoning, so don’t skimp on the salt
- If you want a crispier crust, just bake it for a little bit longer.
Topping Ideas for Your Breakfast Pizza:
We always put scrambled eggs and cheese on our breakfast pizza, but from there you can add whatever your favorite breakfast items are. If it would go well in an omelet, it should work on this pizza.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Browned breakfast sausage
- Crumbled bacon
- Diced bell pepper
- Diced onion
- Green onion
- Chopped spinach
If you like your veggies on the softer side, you can precook them a bit before you put them on the pizza.
What do I do with leftover breakfast pizza?
Any leftover breakfast pizza can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days. Slices reheat well in the microwave, but for even better results warm them up in a covered skillet over medium-low heat. That will help get the bottom of the crust a little extra crispy and gently warm the eggs and cheese.
More Fun Egg Recipes:
Tater Tot Egg Casserole is a classic. Again, you can easily change up the flavors and it is loaded with egg and potato goodness.
Or try sausage and egg hashbrown casserole. It is hearty and delicious and can be made ahead of time if you would like.
Bacon, egg and hashbrown sheet pan breakfast is a new favorite of ours. You get all of your breakfast favorites on one pan and with no splatter!
If making classic breakfast favorites in a new way appeals to your, check out our sheet pan bacon and eggs in a hole recipe. It’s got the goodness of egg in the hole, with the greatness of bacon. Plus you can make 6 pieces at once!
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
Breakfast Pizza with Hash Brown Crust
- 1 25-30 ounce package hash browns, thawed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 7 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or your favorite
- toppings such as sausage ham, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers etc.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on your pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Beat together two eggs. Stir in thawed hash browns, seasoned salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Pat the hash browns into a circle on top of the parchment paper. Use your hands to apply some pressure so that everything sticks together. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and milk and cook via your favorite method. (I did stove top, but feel free to use the microwave.) You want to cook them to a soft scramble.
- When the crust is finished baking, spread eggs and other toppings evenly throughout. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for additional 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy!