This easy breakfast casserole is made quickly with the help of tater tots. The eggs, cheese and ham or bacon round it out for a delicious and filling start to your day.
Breakfast casseroles don’t have to be huge and bready. This quick to make casserole uses tater tots as a base. From there add eggs, cheese and ham or bacon for a delicious savory bake.
It is perfect for a weekend breakfast or a fabulous breakfast for dinner option. Add your favorite toppings to take it to the next level of tasty.
We love breakfast in our family. Make that, we love breakfast food in our family.
My husband doesn’t wake up hungry, he needs time to build an appetite. Little Dude wakes up so hungry that he can’t wait for breakfast to be made.
He needs a banana or toast as soon as possible. So, we if we want to enjoy our breakfast food together we eat it for dinner!
I start my day with black coffee most mornings. I am just not in the mood for a big breakfast.
MiMi made this egg casserole for dinner too. She got the idea from The Country Cook.
Then she added toppings! Talk about a hearty breakfast for dinner recipe.
Country gravy was a very tasty option. Salsa and jalapenos made another tasty combination! The tater tots make throwing together a hearty and tasty breakfast casserole really easy. It is a nice twist on a favorite!
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 1/4 bag frozen tater tots
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound bacon or ham, cooked and crumbled or diced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- country gravy, salsa and/or jalapenos for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Arrange tater tots in a greased 8-inch square baking dish
- Beat the eggs, then stir in the bacon, spices and half the cheese
- Pour over the tater tots and top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked
- Cover with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 660mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.