Avocado and shrimp crostini are the perfect appetizer. The tender shrimp and creamy avocado go well with a splash of lime juice and cilantro. It is fresh and delicious.
If you love shrimp and avocado toast, these crostini are for you! They are perfect for dinner parties, as a light lunch, and more.
We are huge fans of crostini. There is just something about a little two bite appetizer that make it extra tasty.
Start with sliced baguette and add fun toppings. Ham and cheese crostini are always a huge hit with our family.
So it seemed past time to make some different flavor combinations. I wanted to do something tasty with shrimp, another one of our favorite foods.
I thought I could tie in some of those southwestern flavors with lime, cilantro, chili powder and avocado. Then I piled it all up on some garlic toast bites and passed it around.
No surprisingly my husband and son love them. Of course, I do too.
We love how fresh these taste. We enjoy them so much, we frequently make a meal of them during warm weather.
Go ahead and make a batch to see for yourself. We hope you like them as much as we do!
More Great Seafood Recipes
If you love shrimp, try making Cajun shrimp dip. It has a bit of heat, plenty of creamy goodness and that seafood sweetness.
Check out my full collection of fish and seafood recipes for more inspiration.
Avocado and Shrimp Bruschetta
- 1 Baguette sliced in about half inch slices
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound shrimp cooked and peeled
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or to taste
- 2 avocados diced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spread the baguette slices out on a cookie sheet. Stir together garlic and butter and brush over baguette slices. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.3 Tablespoon butter, 2 cloves garlic
- In a medium bowl, stir together the lime juice, chili powder and olive oil. Cut the avocado into small cubes and toss in lime juice mixture.2 Tablespoon lime juice, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon chili powder, 2 avocados
- Roughly chop the shrimp. Stir shrimp and cilantro in with the avocado and season to taste with salt and pepper.1 pound shrimp, 4 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Spoon over garlic bread toasts and serve immediately.