This comforting and simple to make meal is made all in one pot. Creamy chicken and noodles is a great weeknight dinner that is full of flavor and the whole meal is in one dish!
Today’s we’ve got an awesome giveaway sponsored by Swiss Diamond. I have received product from Swiss Diamond, but all opinions are my own.
This creamy one pot chicken and noodles dinner is almost like eating a perfect chicken pot pie, but without the fuss. It is quick, easy and there is only one pot to clean when you are done. Feed your hungry family a filling and delicious dinner without any hassle. It is sure to fill them up and make them smile.
I know we aren’t the only ones that are feeling super busy lately. The evenings are getting shorter, there are school activities to get caught up with and it feels like the holiday craziness has already begun.
One pot meals are a great way to get dinner on the table quickly and without a ton of dishes. Plus it is a great excuse to break out one of my favorite kinds of pots, a dutch oven!
Food just feels cozier coming out of a dutch oven, I can’t explain it. I can’t be the only one that thinks so either. There’s something about the pretty cast iron pot that makes it feel like it has a little extra love cooked in.
So when this gorgeous dutch oven from Swiss Diamond arrived, I couldn’t have been more excited. I just knew it would be making a lot of great soups, stews and even some crusty loaves of bread.
The hardest part is always narrowing down what to make first! I had been in the mood for one of our favorite creamy chicken pot pies, but hadn’t had the time to actually put one together.
So I thought it would be fun to put together a one pot pasta meal that mimicked those flavors. And boy oh boy am I ever glad I did!
This recipe is super quick to make in the dutch oven and is so creamy and delicious. It is comfort food without a lot of effort and is a perfect weeknight meal.
The boys loved it too! We all had seconds the first night. But I made enough to feed a small army, mostly on purpose. I love taking leftovers to work for lunch and these were a perfect heat and eat lunch.
Tips and Tricks:
- You could make this even faster by using leftover chicken or turkey. It would be a great way to use those Thanksgiving leftovers!
- If you don’t like mixed vegetables, frozen peas and carrots would be a great option.
- If you don’t have chicken stock, water and chicken base is a good substitute.
One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 16 ounce box of pasta I used rotini
- 1½ cups half and half or whole milk
- 24 ounces mixed frozen vegetables
- ½ cup sour cream
- Put oil in the bottom of the dutch oven and heat over medium heat. Add the cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is browned. It’s ok if it isn’t cooked all the way through yet.
- Add the onion and garlic powder, continue to cook and stir occasionally until the onion is translucent. It should just take a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, being sure to scrape up any bits on the bottom of the pan as you add the stock. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and continue to boil for 7-8 minutes. When the stock is mostly absorbed, drop the heat to medium low.
- Stir in the half and half or milk, thyme and vegetables. Simmer, stirring frequently until the vegetables and pasta are cooked through and the mixture is thickened. (if it gets too thick, add a little more stock.)
- Just before serving, stir in the sour cream and adjust your salt and pepper to taste.
Swiss Diamond Gifts for Foodies
Here are some totally awesome gift ideas for your foodie loved ones this year:
- Complete Knife Block 10-piece Set
- 6.9 quart Round Casserole
- XD Non-Stick Fry Pan with Lid
- XD Non-Stick 2 Piece Fry Pan and Grill Pan
- XD Non-Stick Double Burner Griddle
- XD Non-Stick 2 Piece Fry Pan Duo