The perfect fall side dish has arrived! The combination of honey roasted delicata squash and cranberries lightly glazed with cinnamon and orange will make your dinner plate sing!
This roasted delicata squash is the perfect fall side dish. It is just a little sweet from the honey and a little tart from fresh or frozen cranberries. Plus there is a hint of citrus to bring it all together. It brings bright gem tones to you dinner plate and loads of flavor too!
We got a lovely haul of winter squash the last few weeks of the CSA season. I set them aside to use up the more perishable produce first.
By the time I got back to the squash, I think it had multiplied. There was a mountain of different varieties waiting for me!
That is a good problem in my world, I love squash. So we’ve been having it every which way.
I did some in our new air fryer and that was delicious. I hope to share a recipe soon.
But this mix of delicata, honey and cranberries is perfect too and doesn’t require any equipment you aren’t likely to have.
I used some cranberries I froze during last year’s season. You could also use fresh berries.
If you want to use dried, I’d either throw them in towards the end or soak them in water or orange juice before using them.
My husband and I were both huge fans with how this turned out. I’m definitely making more and maybe I’ll sub in slices of acorn squash next time!
If you are a fan of this recipe, you may also like date and pecan stuffed acorn squash in the instant pot or parmesan roasted acorn squash in the air fryer. Both are fabulous ways to turn winter squash into a delicious side dish.
What are your favorite ways to fix winter squash? We still have a whole pile of acorn, delicata, butternut and spaghetti squash left.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Honey Roasted Delicata Squash With Fresh Cranberries
- 3 medium delicata squash
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: zest of an orange
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a sheet pan.
- Clean squash, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Cut squash into 3/4 inch slices.3 medium delicata squash
- In a mixing bowl, stir together oil, honey, cinnamon, salt, pepper and orange zest if using.3 Tablespoons cooking oil, 3 Tablespoons honey, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, Optional: zest of an orange
- Toss the squash and cranberries in the honey mixture and spread over prepared sheet pan.1 cup cranberries
- Roast for about 35 minutes, stirring half way through.