White chocolate bugles are the perfect mix of sweet and salty. If you start munching, beware: it will be hard to stop!
These white chocolate bugles are so simple to make but so big on flavor. The mix of crunchy, salty and sweet are all enticing.
This is a perfect sweet snack for a party, great for game day and fun for care packages too!
Nana makes really good chocolate covered bugles. It sounds like a strange combination, but they are amazing!! It is the sweet and salty, and the airy crunch that make them so good.
She mixes in nuts (which of course makes them healthy!) and adds a little extra texture and salt. They really are so good and easy to make!
Since my boys are not nut fans, sometimes I stir in peanuts instead of mixed nuts. It makes it more palatable to the boys.
While I am not opposed to eating the batch myself, it is nice to have a little help. My jeans appreciate it if nothing else!
For another fun version of something similar, try making white trash Christmas mix. The red and green candies make it Christmas-y but you can make it for any season.
Nana is also famous for her seasoned Ritz bits crackers. They are a really simple savory snack.
- 7.5 ounce bag original bugles
- 1 pound almond bark
- 1 can mixed nuts
- In a large bowl, mix together nuts and bugles
- In another bowl, microwave almond bark until melted. Start with a minute or so, then stir. Go for 15-30 seconds at a time after that stirring each time until smooth
- Once completely melted, pour over the bugles and nuts and stir to coat
- Drop in clumps onto wax paper and allow to cool and set. (Sometimes I like to spread them out instead of dropping them in clusters. This allows for more individual pieces and smaller clusters.)
- Store in an airtight container (if you don’t just sit down and eat them all at once!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.