Cream cheese frosting is always a hit in my book, but spike it with brown sugar and cinnamon and it really is a taste of heaven.
Spice cakes, apple cakes, carrot cakes and more are just begging to be covered with this luscious brown sugar and cinnamon cream cheese frosting. It is super simple to make and perfect between graham crackers, on cakes or cookies too! Whip up a batch asap!
Frosting is what makes the cake. It adds the creamy layer of sweet goodness and can really tie it together.
That is especially true when the frosting is as flavorful as this one. It has the tang of cream cheese, the sweet warmth of brown sugar and a little cinnamon spice.
Great ways to enjoy brown sugar cinnamon cream cheese frosting
- eat it on a spoon
- spread it over a cake
- spread it over a banana cake
- dip apple slices into it
- or pear slices
- or peaches, or bananas or grapes
- or, and this may be one of my favorite ideas, spread it over the bottom of a nice soft oatmeal cookie and cover with another cookie. Smoosh and enjoy!
You may also like:
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting With Cinnamon
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2¼ cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until it is light and fluffy. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times and make sure there are no lumps.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on low until combined. Turn mixer speed up to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Spread over cooled cake, cookies or use as a dip for fruit.