Circus animal blondies have frosted animal crackers and extra sprinkles baked right inside. The yummy brown sugar blondies are really easy to make and look like a party. They are a perfect fun dessert for a large group or party.
Imagine a large sheet pan filled with vanilla and brown sugar goodness. Now make them even better by topping them with colorful frosted circus animal cookies and sprinkles for an extra fun treat.
My sister-in-law loves soft cookies and sprinkles. When her birthday rolls around she usually requests something vanilla with sprinkles.
Last year I made her soft sugar cookie bars topped with buttercream and sprinkles. They were a hit.
This year I already had these blondies in my mind’s eye in case she didn’t have a specific request. Then she requested a birthday version of Easter egg blondies we have made and enjoyed several times.
So it was perfect! My animal crackers topped blondies would be a perfect birthday dessert.
Making the Blondies
This recipe is based on my favorite blondie base. It is wonderful for so many reasons.
The first is it makes a nice big batch of blondies with great vanilla and brown sugar flavor. It bakes in a nice big 13×18-inch half sheet pan that is perfect for a large group or party.
Plus the batter comes together really easily. Instead of having to soften and cream butter, it uses cooking oil.
You can use whatever your favorite oil is, just make sure it has a neutral flavor. Vegetable, canola, corn or avocado oil all work great.
Because you don’t have to cream butter, you don’t have to use a mixer either. A large mixing bowl and a spatula or whisk is all it takes.
Spread the batter in the greased pan. Now is when the fun starts.
I added the circus crackers whole so they were fully recognizable. Then add a handful of sprinkles for extra color and fun.
They bake up pretty quick and are ready to eat in almost no time. Just cut them into squares and serve them up.
Decorating Your Animal Cracker Blondies
These blondies do not require anything extra. They are good just the way they are.
But to make them extra special for the birthday, we thought a little bit of buttercream would take them to the next level. I made a small batch of crusting buttercream with a mix of vanilla and almond extracts.
Part of the frosting was dyed pink and the rest stayed white. We piped a border around the blondies and added a few more sprinkles.
My sister-in-law loved them and so did the rest of us. They will definitely show up again at a family dinner soon.
More Great Brownie and Blondie Recipes
Cookies and cream blondies are another fun option. Like these they are a nice big batch but they are topped with bits of Oreos.
Salted caramel blondies with bits of chocolate candy are another fun option. The batter is a bit different but still oh so good.
Mississippi mud brownies are rich, chocolaty and delicious. With layers of brownie, marshmallows and a chocolate icing it is a fun dessert that is perfect for sharing.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Circus Animal Blondies
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil or any neutral cooking oil
- 2¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 circus cookies
- 3 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13x18x1-inch half sheet pan.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.2½ cups all purpose flour, 2½ teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt
- In a separate large bowl, stir together oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth.1 cup vegetable oil, 2¼ cup light brown sugar, 4 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Distribute frosted animal crackers and sprinkles over the batter.24 circus cookies, 3 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set.
- Cool then cut into squares.
- Decorate with buttercream if desired.