This pumpkin Bundt cake has cream cheese filling baked right inside. It is moist and delicious with just enough of your favorite pumpkin spices and cream cheese tang.
If you are looking for the perfect fall cake, you are in the right place. The pumpkin Bundt features warm spices, a little bit of chocolate and a rich cream cheese filling baked right inside.
Together it makes for a fabulous dessert that is stunning without being decorated. Drizzle it with a simple glaze or dust it with powdered sugar and it is good to go!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
It uses a full can of pumpkin. That almost guarantees it will be moist and delicious.
Plus you know it has great pumpkin flavor. And there is not little bit of leftover pumpkin to figure out how to use up.
The flavors of the cake are reminiscent to that of our favorite pumpkin bread recipe. There is a great balance of spice with a few chocolate chips sprinkled in.
If you want more chocolate chips in yours, I fully support that decision. And I request and invitation to enjoy a slice with you!
The batter comes together really easily, no mixer required. Because it uses oil instead of butter, it is really moist and super simple to mix.
Instead of putting a frosting on top, the cream cheese layer is baked inside. It is kind of like having a little bit of cheesecake in your cake, and who doesn’t like that?
The filling comes together easily as well. Just beat the cream cheese until smooth and add a little bit of sugar and an egg.
It isn’t overly sweet, you still get plenty of cream cheese tang. Plus the hint of vanilla and almond really adds something to this cake.
You don’t need to have any cake decorating skills to make a stunning dessert. Just pick out a pretty Bundt pan and let the cake speak for itself.
You can dust it with a little bit of powdered sugar, or pick a glaze to drizzle over the top. A simple powdered sugar glaze works great or use my apple cider glaze.
Apple Cider Glaze Recipe
If you want a little extra fall flavor on your cake, this glaze is perfect.
- 2 Tablespoons cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider or juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Just whisk everything together until smooth. Adjust consistency a bit with more apple cider or powdered sugar until it is a good thickness for drizzling.
Drizzle over cake and enjoy.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
If you want even more cream cheese with your cake, this is a great way to go. It is a thicker glaze, almost bordering on frosting, but can still be spooned or poured over the cake.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- In small bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Slowly add the milk, mixing as you go, until you reach your desired consistency.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you store homemade pumpkin Bundt cake?
Because of the cream cheese filling, you will want to store this cake in the refrigerator. It will keep for several days that way.
Either cover it with plastic wrap or use a cake dome to keep it from drying out. Remove it from the refrigerator about an hour before serving so it can come to room temperature.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, this cake freezes beautifully. Freeze the baked cake for up to three months and just thaw in the refrigerator overnight when ready to serve.
You can also freeze individual slices. Just wrap them in plastic wrap or put them in airtight containers for an easy treat later.
Can I use homemade pumpkin puree?
Yes. You will need just less than two cups to mimic the 15 ounce can. However, using canned pumpkin gives you the most consistent results as homemade puree can have varying amounts of moisture.
Can I use pumpkin pie spice?
Yes. If you don’t want to use the mix of spices in the recipe, you can use 2½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead.
If you tried this recipe, or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments. Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Filling
- 2¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices until well mixed and free of lumps.2¾ cups all purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ginger
- In another bowl, stir together the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well mixed.15 ounces pumpkin puree, 1 cup light brown sugar, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 1 cup vegetable oil, 4 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just mixed and then fold in the chocolate chips.½ cup chocolate chips
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.16 ounces cream cheese
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until completely combined and smooth.1 egg, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 350°F. You will need AT LEAST a 12 cup bundt pan for this. Otherwise consider making two smaller cakes and adjusting the cook time accordingly.
- Spread half of the cake batter into your prepared Bundt pan.
- Spoon the cheesecake layer over the cake batter.
- Top with remaining cake batter and bake for 55-65 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar or drizzled with glaze. Store in the refrigerator.