Cheese cracker chicken tenders will take your homemade chicken finger game to the next level. They are crunchy, cheesy and super simple to make.
Chicken tenders are always a popular option at our family’s dinner table. Add cheesy cracker crumbs to the mix and they are an even bigger hit.
They make a quick and easy supper option, perfect for busy evenings. With school starting back up, fast recipes like this are a life saver.
Plus they will help to keep dinnertime complaints to a minimum. I know that is music to any parent’s ears.
Have you favorite dipping sauces to make them even more fun. Ranch dressing, honey mustard and bbq sauce are all great options.
Little Dude prefers plain cheddar cheese crackers for the crumb coating. However if your family likes a little spice, feel free to add pizzazz with spicier cheese crackers.
You could also add a splash of hot sauce to water and egg mixture for another layer of flavor. However they are amazing just the way they are.
Great kid friendly side dish ideas
For a quick and easy side dish, serve some apple slices with peanut butter yogurt dip. It is a fun way to get an extra serving of fruit on the table.
Acorn squash macaroni and cheese is a great way to hide an extra vegetable in the form of creamy mac and cheese.
Slow cooker creamy corn is another easy favorite side dish. Kids love it and it is super simple to make.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 3 cups cheese crackers
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Crush crackers to a relatively fine crumb using a food processor or a rolling pin and a plastic bag.
- Beat eggs and water together until completely combined.
- Dip each chicken tender in the egg mixture and then the cracker crumbs, making sure it is coated on all sides. Place coated chicken tenders on prepared sheet pan and repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the middle of the thickest tender is at least 165°F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.