That childhood favorite snack of yours just got an upgrade! Whether you call it puppy chow, muddy buddies or just plain good, you have to try this brownie batter version!
Chocolate and peanut butter goodness is hard to beat. It is especially good when wrapped around crunchy cereal and made into a munchable mix. But instead of being coated in powdered sugar, this version is coated in brownie batter to make it extra good!
Puppy Chow is one of those childhood favorites that you just have to make every once in a while. Crunchy, chocolaty, peanut buttery goodness that brings you right back to those carefree days.
It made an appearance at all of our sleepovers, movie nights. It is still a must have for holidays, game nights or a special treat on a movie night.
Of course it is the chocolate and peanut butter combo that make it so addictive, but it needs something to keep all of that candy coated cereal from sticking together.
The traditional way to keep it separated is to shake it in a bunch of powdered sugar. The chocolate sets and you get that goodness in individual pieces.
As delicious as puppy chow is any old way, sometimes it is fun to mix thing up a bit. I thought it would be fun to make that favorite treat even more chocolaty. What if you shake it in brownie mix instead of powdered sugar.
Mind blown? I know, right?!
It doesn’t get much easier or more delicious than that! But if you are looking for more snack mixes, here are a few you may love:
- peanut butter maple snack mix is a fun one. It is loaded with peanut butter, kissed with maple and has plenty of trail mix favorites mixed in.
- classic oven baked chex mix is a savory favorite snack mix. It is a perfect snack for a party, great for game day and more.
- microwave caramel corn is a fun family favorite. Finishing it in the microwave gives you that crunchy finish in a fraction of the time.
- peanut butter popcorn is another crunchy favorite. It adds a peanut butter flavor kick to caramel corn and it is super fun to snack on.
I won’t tie you up any longer. Run to the kitchen. Gather these ingredients. Make this ASAP. You will thank yourself (and me!!) later.
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups brownie mix
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Start with 30 seconds, then stir and return to microwave in 15 second intervals being sure to stir between each until the chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until completely combined.
- Fold in cereal until well coated.
- Place in a gallon zip topped bag with the brownie mix and shake until coated. Allow to set up before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.