Enjoy the flavor of crab rangoon at home in a fun egg roll package, easily crisped in the oven! They are fun to make and perfect for parties.
A crunchy exterior gives way to a cream cheese filling that a little sweet and a little savory. This is a lot like the crab rangoon you get at a Chinese restaurant, but in an easy to make form.
They come together quickly and taste amazing. Enjoy them as a fun appetizer or serve them with your favorite fried rice.
We hardly ever go out to eat. If we do, it is usually somebody’s birthday.
We almost NEVER order in. Really almost never. My husband orders a pizza a handful of times a year.
Usually when I am out of town or the guys are in the garage and need something to eat. Last time I ordered in was a little over 3 years ago. (See, almost never!)
But there is something about crab rangoon that tempt me. Thinking about getting a takeout container of stir-fry, rice and steaming hot crab rangoon is making it tempting. Luckily we don’t have to wait for delivery to get the flavor!
We have made crab rangoon in wonton wrappers in a variety of shapes before, but I really love these egg roll shaped ones. They are easier to eat, don’t have the overly crispy edges that other folds can get and are easy to make.
I tend to avoid frying, but that doesn’t stop me either. These crisp up nicely in the oven and give way to a soft interior. Grab and little sweet and sour sauce and you’re in business!
So here is a little something to ring in the Chinese New Year or a fun appetizer for a party! They are a tasty little snack that comes as close to the yummy ones you can order without the fryer. So grab yourself a pack of egg roll wrappers and get to work!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 5 ounces imitation crab meat (or feel free to use the real thing!)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash lemon juice
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Stir together cream cheese and spices until completely mixed.
- Fold in green onions and crab meat.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of filling on an egg roll wrapper.
- Roll over the edge.
- Fold in the sides
- Dip a finger in some water and wet the edge of the wrapper to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Once all egg rolls are ready, spray them all with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 10 minutes, flip then cook another 8 minutes. Be careful, they are hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.