Enjoy the flavor of crab rangoon at home in a fun egg roll package, easily crisped in the oven! They are fun to make and perfect for parties.
A crunchy exterior gives way to a cream cheese filling that a little sweet and a little savory. This is a lot like the crab rangoon you get at a Chinese restaurant, but in an easy to make form.
We hardly ever go out to eat. If we do, it is usually somebody’s birthday.
We almost NEVER order in. Really almost never. My husband orders a pizza a handful of times a year.
Usually when I am out of town or the guys are in the garage and need something to eat. Last time I ordered in was a little over 3 years ago. (See, almost never!)
But there is something about crab rangoon that tempt me. Thinking about getting a takeout container of stir-fry, rice and steaming hot crab rangoon is making it tempting.
Luckily we don’t have to wait for delivery to get the flavor!
We have made crab rangoon in wonton wrappers in a variety of shapes before, but I really love these egg roll shaped ones. They are easier to eat, don’t have the overly crispy edges that other folds can get and are easy to make.
I tend to avoid frying, but that doesn’t stop me either. These crisp up nicely in the oven and give way to a soft interior.
Grab and little sweet and sour sauce and you’re in business!
So here is a little something to ring in the Chinese New Year or a fun appetizer for a party! They are a tasty little snack that comes as close to the yummy ones you can order without the fryer.
So grab yourself a pack of egg roll wrappers and get to work!
What is crab rangoon filling made of?
Crab rangoon filling features crab meat (or imitation crab), cream cheese, and seasonings. You can leave the crab out and just make cream cheese rangoon if you would like.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card.
Baked Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls
- 5 ounces imitation crab meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Stir together cream cheese and spices until completely mixed.8 ounces cream cheese, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chop crab meat finely then fold into cream cheese.5 ounces imitation crab meat
- Place about 2 tablespoons of filling on an egg roll wrapper.12 egg roll wrappers
- Roll over the edge.
- Fold in the sides
- Dip a finger in some water and wet the edge of the wrapper to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Once all egg rolls are ready, spray them all with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 10 minutes, flip then cook another 8 minutes. Be careful, they are hot!