It only takes 4 ingredients to make the soft and delicious Funfetti cake mix cookies. You can do it with 3 if you don’t want extra sprinkles! You can be baking these colorful cookies in just a few minutes.
If you are looking for fun cookies that are loaded with sprinkles, you are in the right place. These cookies are perfect for birthdays, parties, and last minute treats.
They only take a few minutes and even fewer ingredients to make. You end up with soft, delicious cookies in no time at all!
This barely counts as a recipe. It is so easy. And so good.
We have been enjoying these sprinkle filled cake mix cookies for years. It all started as a last minute birthday treat for my brother-in-law.
They were such a hit, that we started making them all of the time. We have made them for several birthdays and quite a few just because-s.
Our friends lovingly call them everything from birthday cookies to crack cookies, because they just can’t stop eating them.
Luckily they are so quick and easy to make, we can always whip up another batch if needed!
Dressing Up Your Cookies
Usually we enjoy these cookies just they way they are. The sprinkles add enough fun and they taste great.
Sometimes I dust them with powdered sugar when they are fresh from the oven. Or you could spoon a simple powdered sugar glaze on top and add more sprinkles.
We almost always make them with either a vanilla cake or a cake mix that already has sprinkles in it.
However, you could experiment with different kinds of cake mix. You could make Funfetti strawberry cookies or lemon.
Just be aware that darker colored cake mixes will make it harder to see the sprinkles inside.
Again, there are a million places you could go with these. You could add any variety of extracts, stir in candies or nuts (though not for the boys in my house!)
Really the options are only limited by your imagination.
More favorite cake mix cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies
- Ooey Gooey Chocolate Butter Cookies
If you love sprinkles in your cookies, try white chocolate chip funfetti cookies. They are perfect for a party.
For another fun and colorful cookie, check out my Fruity Pebbles cookies. They have the fruity cereal baked right in.
Have you ever made cake mix cookies? What are your favorite kinds?
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 oz. funfetti cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil or similar
- 3 Tablespoons sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, mix together oil and eggs. Stir in cake mix and additional sprinkles if desired.
- Plop a Tablespoon of dough (a small cookies scoop) onto cookie sheet. Top with a few extra sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. You don’t want them to brown, just set.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely.