These scrumptious cookies are laced with white hot chocolate. They are perfect for dunking, but they are fabulous on their own as well.
White hot chocolate cookies are winter’s new favorite treat. They are loaded with white chocolate flavor and a wonderful chewy texture.
You will find they are perfect for dipping in a mug of cocoa or coffee, but they are fabulous on their own as well. This recipe is a great way to use up hot cocoa mix too!
We originally shared this recipe in January of 2016. MiMi, Little Dude, and I had gone on a hot chocolate bender.
We enjoyed mug after mug of cocoa. But as hard as it is to believe, we may have made a little bit much.
Of course we couldn’t let any go to waste. So MiMi whipped up some cookies using some of the white hot chocolate mix.
If you think about it, it’s really perfect. Adding milk powder to cookies is supposed to help give them a yummy texture and deep creamy flavor.
It also adds great white chocolate flavor throughout. MiMi added those tiny little dehydrated marshmallows to hers.
You know, the kind that you find in the packets of hot chocolate or in cereals. Of course they were a perfect addition to these cookies.
I didn’t have any on hand, so I used white chocolate chips instead. They are delicious both ways!
I have not made them with regular hot chocolate mix, but I can imagine they would be lovely that way as well. It would likely give a nice mild chocolate flavor throughout.
Luckily the dough comes together really quickly and doesn’t require chilling. So you can bake up a batch in no time.
We use a small cookie scoop and get about 70 cookies. So they are perfect for baking and sharing.
They also freeze well. So you can save some for a quick sweet treat later on.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you like them so much that you end up making extra hot chocolate mix just for turning into cookies. They really are that good!
Mimi’s original post from 2015:
This is another recipe inspired by the hot chocolate mixes that we made and shared during hot chocolate week here on the blog. To say I had fun coming up with recipes to use the mixes in might be a bit of an understatement, but everybody sure enjoyed trying the new treats.
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white hot chocolate mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow bits (The real little ones like you find in cereals) or white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the flour, white hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly. Add the vanilla and beat for another minute.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Drop by tablespoon (or small cookie scoop) onto cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for another few minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.