Creamy Tuscan chicken pasta is made easy with the help of an Instant Pot. It is a great quick to make meal that is loaded with flavor.
This creamy Tuscan chicken pasta tastes as good as it looks. It is a great dinner to serve on a busy night when you still want something yummy and comforting.
If chicken, pasta, garlic, and pasta sound good to you, this is the recipe for you. Add some spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese to make it extra good.
Table of Contents
Serve it with a simple salad and some yummy bread for a filling meal. Then go ahead and put the ingredients back on your grocery list because you are going to want to keep this recipe in your meal planning rotation.
Tips and Tricks
Cut the chicken into bite sized bites before adding it to the pressure cooker. This will help them to cook faster and more evenly. Plus it will be easier to eat!
Using dried herbs makes this dinner flavorful and easy. You can add fresh herbs for a garnish at the end if you would like, but it’s not necessary.
For a thicker sauce, let the mixture simmer in a few minutes after pressure cooking. Just use the sauté function and stir it frequently to keep it from burning.
We love this pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, but feel free to experiment with whatever you have and like. Pre-shredded will work. Pecorino or asiago would be great choices as well.
Feel free to experiment with different shapes of pasta. We prefer big shapes that help capture the sauce, but almost any pasta would work.
For more vegetables, try adding things like diced carrots, bell peppers, or zucchini to the mix. You can also substitute other greens for the spinach.
If you use a tougher green, like kale, add it at the same time as the chicken and the pasta. That will give it a longer cook time and allow it to wilt down a bit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you store leftover Tuscan chicken pasta?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I make this without a pressure cooker?
Yes. You can make this recipe as a one pot meal. Just bring the chicken, pasta, broth etc. to a boil in a large covered pot. Boil until the pasta is cooked to al dente and the chicken is cooked through. Keep an eye on it and add more water or broth if necessary. When the pasta and chicken are cooked, stir in the other ingredients.
More Easy Italian Inspired Instant Pot Recipes
If you like making pasta in a pressure cooker, you make like creamy spaghetti and meatballs. It is a super simple recipe that takes almost no effort to put together.
Or try making spinach and chicken risotto in the pressure cooker. It is so creamy and delicious and so much easier than making it on the stove.
For another comforting option, try making a nice lasagna soup. It is so much easier than layering the pasta but has all of the lasagna flavor you love.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken boneless skinless breast
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups dry penne pasta
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- optional: fresh basil for garnish
- Put the chicken, garlic, mustard, sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings in Instant Pot. Pour in the broth and stir to combine.1 pound chicken boneless skinless breast, 3 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, ½ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, 4 cups chicken stock
- Add the pasta and push down a bit to make sure all of the pasta and chicken are covered by the chicken stock.2 cups dry penne pasta
- Put the cover on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is in the seal position. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. (Covering the vent with a damp cloth will help catch any starchy splatter.)
- Add the spinach, cream and cheese and stir to combine. Put the lid back on the pot and allow the heat from the pasta to melt the cheese and wilt the spinach.5 ounces baby spinach, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Serve with additional cheese, red pepper flakes and fresh basil if desired.