A fun breakfast that is loaded with peaches and cream flavor, this baked oatmeal recipe is perfect for guests or as a make ahead quick breakfast during the week!
Baked oatmeal is the perfect breakfast. It’s great for a leisurely weekend brunch and the leftovers reheat wonderfully for quick weekday breakfasts as well!
This peaches and cream version can be made with fresh or frozen peaches and is a yummy, nutritious and fun breakfast!
Little Dude has really been loving baking in the kitchen. We have made a few baked oatmeal recipes together, so now he knows to ask to make oatmeal.
That means he will get to help and it is hard for a mommy to say no when their kid wants something hearty like oatmeal.
He has really been into peaches lately too. They are soooooooo good this time of year. I bought a huge bag of them last time I was at the store, so I knew that would be the perfect flavor for this round of baked oatmeal.
Peaches and cream was always a favorite flavor of mine when I had those packets of oatmeal growing up. This version isn’t quite a sticky sweet, but it was still amazing!
Lots of fresh peach flavor and just enough creaminess. Little Dude had three helpings the morning we made it!
It is great plain, but it is even better with a little extra yogurt on top. Some vanilla yogurt would be a perfect topper. I didn’t have any, so I used plain yogurt drizzled with a little honey. YUM!
If you love peach breakfasts, check out my peach breakfast cake too. It is a great coffee cake with loads of peaches and a yummy streusel topping.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (vanilla works too!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 peaches, diced (or 1-2 cups diced defrosted peaches)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a square baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in oatmeal, sugar, spices and baking powder.
- Fold in peaches and pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.