Cheesy beef pinwheels are the perfect two bite appetizer or snack. They are creamy, cheesy, zesty, salty and can be made ahead of time so you can enjoy your guests.
These tortilla pinwheels stuffed with cream cheese, dried beef, pickles and ranch seasoning are the perfect savory snack. Whether you are hosting a party or watching the big game, easy make ahead finger food is always a great option.
The beefy rollups are stuffed with the perfect blend of zippy and creamy filling. Make these zesty beef rollups for your next gathering and you are sure to get requests for them again.
This recipe was shared with me by my cousin Cori during the early days of this site. That is how this whole thing started.
I wanted a way to preserve some of those old family recipes along with favorites from my childhood.
It was mostly just for myself, a searchable library of recipes. I figured it would also be a great way to share those recipes with my siblings and cousins if they wanted to make them as well.
Of course things have blossomed and bloomed on this site over the years. Now I am trying to go back and shine new light on some of those original recipes.
They are tried and true, but were posted before most of you knew I existed. So this gives you chance to discover them and fall in love with them like we did.
These are always a hit, every time I make them. And surprisingly enough, my husband loves them despite the fact he hates pickles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between dried beef and corned beef?
Dried beef, also known as chipped beef, is salt cured whereas corned beef is brined. Both are salty and delicious, but different.
What if I can’t find dried beef?
You can use beef lunchmeat in place of the chipped beef. Or you can use ham if that is easier.
More Make Ahead Appetizer Recipes to Try
Cheese balls are another great snack that can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve. A pepperoni cheese ball has a pizza inspired flavor and is fun to serve.
You can also whip up a batch of fiesta dip for a great snack. It’s another recipe that is right at home at a tailgate, party or even for Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card.
Cheesy Beef Pinwheels
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces chipped beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 dill pickles or a handful of pickle slices
- 4 burrito sized soft tortillas or several smaller ones
- Chop the pickles and chipped beef4 ounces chipped beef, 2 dill pickles or a handful of pickle slices
- Mix together seasoning and cream cheese16 ounces cream cheese, 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- Stir beef, cheese and pickles into cream cheese2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread on tortillas and roll tightly4 burrito sized soft tortillas
- Chill for at least an hour, then cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices