If you love cinnamon rolls and sugar cookies, you are going to love this delicious marriage of the two. They are a hit every time I make them!
I think these are our new official shower cookies. I have made them for two showers now.
We threw a Bun in the Oven Shower for my cousin Cori that had to have some cinnamon bun cookies. They got such rave review there that I knew I had to make a batch for my sister’s Bridal Shower Brunch as well.
There were no complaints that they were served again by those who attended both. 😉
For my cousin’s shower these cookies acted as our little take away. Each place setting had a little celophane bag with a few cookies in it.
Nothing like a couple of cinnamon buns for the road! My aunts loved them.
They couldn’t wait to get home to try them. They kept telling me “if these aren’t on the blog, they need to be!”
So now they are! Since very few cookies actually made it out the door at my cousin’s shower, I skipped the step of bagging them for my sister’s shower and just left them on plates on the tables for people to grab and eat. No worries about having to bust through the bags to get to them that way!
Luckily they come together really easily. I just made a half batch of my go to sugar cookies, and smeared them with melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
What isn’t to love about that? They you just roll them up, slice them and bake them. But wait… that isn’t all. To top it off there is a cream cheese glaze.
Yep, cinnamon buns with cream cheese glaze in cookie form. The glaze even hardens enough to stack and store them. Perfect!
Though these are now our official shower cookies, they are really perfect for just about any occasion and would be great on your holiday cookie trays as well. They are something a little bit fun and different and they are easy to put together!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix until completely incorporated
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour, longer is fine.
- Roll dough to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix together filling ingredients. Spread over dough. Cut into manageable rectangles and roll tightly like you would a cinnamon roll dough.
- Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate another 1/2 hour or longer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Removing one log of dough at a time (you want the dough to be as cold as possible when it goes in the oven), slice the rolled cookie logs in 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Arrange on cookie sheet an inch apart.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes, then remove to the cooling rack until completely cooled.
- For glaze: Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla, powdered sugar and enough milk to get a thick glaze consistency.
- Dip top side of cookie into glaze or drizzle glaze over cookies and leave out until completely set. Once set all the way through, move to an air tight container until ready to eat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.