Take your ice cream to the next level by serving it in homemade fudgy chocolate ice cream cups. They only take 3 ingredients and a few minutes to put together.
If you are looking for a fun way to serve ice cream, the fudge cups are the perfect thing. They are the perfect size for a scoop of ice cream, and they add a nice chocolate punch.
My mom made these chocolate ice cream cups when I was a kid, and I always thought they were so much fun. So when I found the recipe, I had to make some.
A lot of chocolate cup recipes are solid chocolate. Of course, that would be delicious, but there are a few drawbacks.
One is you have to properly temper the chocolate. Otherwise, it may bloom.
And if your chocolate is too thick, it can be hard to cut through it with a spoon.
The cups are essentially like making a condensed milk fudge. So they are solid enough to be handled, but soft enough that a spoon will go through them.
Instead of having hot fudge sauce on top of your ice cream, you can have a cold fudge cup under your ice cream.
Making Fudge Ice Cream Cups
These cute little cups couldn’t be much easier to make. Just melt together some condensed milk and chocolate chips.
Two thirty second bursts in the microwave were all it took for me to be able to stir the mixture smooth. Then add whatever mix-ins you would like.
Chopped toasted pecans are a delicious option. However, you can let your imagination guide you.
Think how tasty chopped roasted peanuts would be. You could even use rice krispies for a nut free crunch.
Of course, you could leave them plain and let the chocolate be the star of the show.
Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a cupcake liner. A medium cookie scoop works well for that.
I like using silicone cupcake lines for these because they are so sturdy. However, foil or paper lines work just fine.
Use the back of a spoon to push the mixture up the sides of the cupcake liner to form the cup shape. Keep making them until the fudge mixture is gone.
Freeze the cups for at least a half hour, even a bit longer if you can. They are easier to remove from the liners if they are frozen pretty solid.
Then, just add a scoop of ice cream and dig in. They really are a special treat.
How do you store fudge ice cream cups?
Once the cups are frozen, you can transfer them to a freezer bag and return them to the freezer for up to three months. Just grab one when you need a treat, and it will be instant satisfaction!
More Things To Serve With Ice Cream
If you like to crunch through a little chocolate when you have ice cream, chocolate magic shell may be a good option for you. Or try peanut butter magic shell or even unicorn magic shell if you prefer.
What are your favorite ways to dress up a scoop of ice cream?
Chocolate Ice Cream Cups
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Put chocolate chips and condensed milk in a medium glass mixing bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second bursts, stirring well after each, until you can stir the mixture smooth.12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- Add the chopped pecans, stirring until combined.1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Scoop about 2 Tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake liner. Use the back of a spoon to form the mixture into a cup shape.
- Freeze the chocolate ice cream cups for at least two hours.
- Remove a frozen ice cream cup from its cupcake liner and top with a scoop of ice cream to serve.