Apple rosemary pork chops is a perfect fall meal. It is quick tasty skillet supper that is full of autumnal flavors.
If you are looking to change up your dinner routine, you should try these apple and rosemary pork chops. They are flavorful and quick, making them perfect for a busy lifestyle.
Pork and apples are such a perfect match. It is fun to put them together for a slightly sweet and savory match up.
Adding herbs like rosemary accentuates the savory notes. You can also use thyme if you prefer that flavor profile.
How do I know when the pork chops are done?
The best way to ensure your meat is cooked to a safe temperature is to use a meat thermometer. Not knowing the internal temperature of your meat can cause issues.
Undercooked meat of course runs the risk of running afoul of food safety guidelines. Overcooking meat in the name of food safety can result in tough and dry chops.
Pork chops are safe when they reach an internal temperature of 145°F, the center will still have a blush of pink. You can go a little bit higher without affecting your eating experience if you prefer.
Side dish ideas
There is no point in making a quick dinner if you can’t get some side dishes done in a hurry to go with it. We love serving meals line this with buttered egg noodles on the side.
More great apple and pork recipes
If you like pork loin, try making an apple stuffed pork loin. It has some similar flavors to this recipe but has a fancier spiral presentation.
Or make apple cider pulled pork for another great change. It is fabulous on sandwiches, over mashed potatoes or even served over egg noodles.
Or for a chicken option, try making chicken and apple skillet. It is delicious and similar in a lot of ways to this recipe but uses chicken thighs.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Apple Rosemary Pork Chops
- 2 Tablespoons neutral cooking oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium cooking apples
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Put oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper pork chops to taste, place pork chops in pan cook 3-4 minutes each side. While pork chops are cooking thinly slice onions and apples.
- When pork chops are remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add butter and onions to pan and sauté for 3-5 min until translucent.
- Add chicken broth, apples, rosemary ,cinnamon and sauté 5-7 min or until desired tenderness.
- Finish with remaining butter and brown sugar. Place pork chops back in pan and cook 3-4 more minutes to rewarm and enjoy.