This delicious bundt cake is brimming with apple flavor. It is good on its own, but the apple cider caramel sauce takes it to the next level!
It’s Friday!! I hope you have been enjoying the apple week festivities as much as I have. I really want to take a bite out of each and every one of these apple treats! I know ate more than my fair share of each of the apple recipes I shared though, so maybe I should run around the block once or twice first!
This apple cake was a bit of a moving target. Originally I was going to make something that more closely mimicked an apple cider donut, but in bundt cake form. But, I had so many delicious looking apples that I couldn’t help but to put some fresh apples in.
So I did some changing and some fussing and I ended up with a cake that has plenty of apple flavor and is a perfect base for a nice healthy drizzle of the Apple Cider Caramel Sauce.
I wanted every bite to taste like apple and I wanted the cake to have a nice smooth texture, so I grated the apples. They just melt into the batter and give plenty of moisture and flavor.
As you might expect with a bundt cake or apple cake, this has a nice dense (in a good way) crumb. It ate like a dream!
What are your favorite apple recipes? Is there one you have to make every year? I’d love to hear all about it!
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (something light flavored like vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, grated (I didn’t peal them, just grated them on a coarse grater down to the core)
- 1/3 recipe Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare your bundt pan with butter and flour or baking spray with flour in it. (I used this 10 cup pan and it was pushing the limits of the pan, a 12 cup pan wouldn’t be a bad idea.)
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat your eggs until scrambled. Add sugar, oil and vanilla, mixing until creamed.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the we ingredients. Fold in apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or when a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool cake for at least 15 minutes before inverting onto serving dish.
- Refrigerate until cool. Slowly drizzle with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce until completely covered with a thin layer. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cut slices and serve with an additional drizzle of caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 2gSugar: 57gProtein: 4g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.