Treats really don’t get much easier than this no bake 3 ingredient Jello pie. It only takes a few minutes to put together and it is airy, creamy and refreshing.
Jello pie is such a fun and colorful dessert. You can easily change the flavor by just picking a different kind of gelatin!
Whipping up a pie can sometimes be a daunting task. Making the pastry, fitting into the pan and trying to make it look pretty seems like a lot of work.
This recipe takes all of those concerns off the table. Start with a premade graham cracker crust and fill it with the easiest filling.
You don’t even have to turn on the oven. Heating up some water is the most cooking you have to do.
Making a Graham Cracker Crust
We used a premade Graham cracker crust for this recipe. We found them for under a dollar, so it seemed like the thing to do.
But making your own crust is super simple. So if you don’t have a crust, don’t let that stop you.
You can use a box of Graham cracker crumbs. Or throw some Graham crackers you have left from your last smores night into a food processor and make your own crumbs.
Add a little melted butter and a bit of sugar. You can bake it for a few minutes to help it set up or add a little bit of extra butter and chill it to help it set.
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- If you are starting with full graham crackers, process into crumbs using a sturdy plastic bag and a rolling pin or a food processor.
- Mix crumbs with melted butter and sugar in the bottom of your pie plate. The mixture should be moist and sandy.
- Press onto the bottom and sides of the pie plan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 300F and cool completely before using. Or for a no bake crust, refrigerate until set before filling.
Start with two thirds of a cup of hot water and stir in a three ounce box of jello. This is where it gets fun, use any color or flavor of jello.
Be sure to stir it for the full two minutes to not only dissolve the powder but also to cool down the water. Add a cup of really icy ice water and stir that until the ice is melted.
At this point the jello mixture should be cold and slightly thickened. Now fold in an eight ounce container of whipped topping.
Ideally you would chill that mixture for ten to fifteen to let it set up a bit more and then spoon it into the crust. However, you can put the mixture straight into the crust if you are pressed for time.
Now just chill the pie for a couple of hours until it is fully set. Decorate with additional whipped topping, cherries, sprinkles etc. if desired.
Now cut it into slices and serve cold. It really is that easy!
If you are a jello fan, be sure to check out my full collection of Jello recipes!
More Easy Pie Recipes
No bake banana cream pie is another super simple recipe. If you start with the premade crust, it doesn’t take many more ingredients than this pie!
A no bake peanut butter pie is another great option. My recipe is built on a chocolate covered pretzel crust, making it extra fun!
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 3 oz. Jello
- 1 cup ice water
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- Prepared graham cracker crust
- Stir together boiling water and Jello for at least 2 minutes. The Jello powder should be fully dissolved and the mixture cooled a bit.
- Stir in ice water for several minutes until the ice is melted and the liquid is cool. It should thicken slightly.
- Fold in whipped topping until fully incorporated. Chill for 10-15 minutes if you have time. Then spoon into crust. Otherwise, pour into crust and chill or at least 2 hours or until completely set.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping, cherries and sprinkles if desired. Slice and serve cold.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.