This no-bake key lime pie is super cream and oh so dreamy. Swirls of cream cheese whipped cream make it extra beautiful. It is an absolute favorite.
This key lime pie is super easy to make and doesn’t require any whipped topping! It has just a few simple ingredients. It has the perfect balance of bright, tart key limes and a creamy sweet base.
The pie is absolutely wonderful on its own, but some simple whipped cream flourishes make it beautiful. It is perfect for summer parties, holidays and more.
Every time dessert comes up, my husband mentions key lime pie. He denies it now, but really he does.
He had a key lime pie at a family holiday a while back and now every dessert is compared to that. Now at every holiday, he hopes there is another one.
So far he is out of luck more than he is in it. So I decided it was high time I just make him one.
Little Dude loved the look of the key limes and couldn’t wait to juice them. We tried using an old fashioned juicer. It worked ok, but it took some effort.
The pie filling would be great on its own. But you know me and my love of frosting. I just couldn’t leave it plain.
Instead of regular whipped cream, I decided to top the pie with some cream cheese whipped cream. It just seems more stable.
Of course then I wanted to pipe it, so I did! I can’t help but to frost anything that comes my way. The rosettes held up for the three days there was pie in the fridge with no problem whatsoever!
My husband’s eyes got big when he saw what we were up to. He happily ate a large slice as soon as I gave him permission.
Sometimes one slice of something is enough for him. The rest doesn’t even tempt him. Not this time!
He ate another slice that night, then another the following. The third night he sat down with a big slice in the pan and went to work.
In his defense, he did at least offer to share it with me. I just didn’t seem right to make him!
Tips for making key lime pie:
Make sure to give the pie a couple of hours to chill. It will taste great before that, but won’t be completely set.
If you can’t find fresh key limes, key lime juice works great too!
Differences between key limes and regular (Persian) limes:
- Key limes are smaller and more yellow in color.
- Key limes are more aromatic, tarter and have a more floral flavor.
- Key limes were grown commercially in the Florida Keys until a hurricane wiped out many of the groves in the 1920s. Now many of those groves grow Persian limes instead!
If you like key limes, you can use them for more than pie! We love key lime roasted shrimp, they are flavorful and finger licking good. No bake key lime pie cheesecake jars are a perfect single serve dessert for parties or picnics.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy key limes?
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 sheets)
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 7 Tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold cream
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a 9″ pie plate, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the side and bottom of the dish to form a crust.
- For a completely no bake dessert, chill or freeze the crust to set. (If you prefer to set the crust in the oven, bake it at 375° F for about 7 minutes. Then remove and cool before making the filling.)
Key Lime Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Be sure to scrape down the side of the bowl a few times to avoid lumps.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, a little at a time. Mix well between additions to ensure a smooth finish.
- Add the key lime juice and beat until well mixed.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Chill for at least two hours.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Slowly add the cold cream while still beating. Beat until the mixture holds stiff peaks.
- Spread or pipe over pie.
- Garnish with lime zest if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 7g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.