Red velvet truffles are such a quick and easy treat that bring such color and flavor to your dessert menu. These fudgy little bites are perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day or just because.
Are you looking for a statement dessert that only takes a few ingredients and less than an hour to make? If you said yes, you are in the right place.
These fudgy truffles have a smooth texture and bright red color. The best part is they only take 4 ingredients, 5 if you count the sprinkles!
These tasty little orbs are all dressed up for Christmas with fun sprinkles. But they would also look amazing with little hearts or pink and red sprinkles for Valentine’s Day.
You could even go with blue sprinkles for the 4th of July if you want. Just imagine the possibilities, they really are endless.
So make some for your holiday dessert trays, or for your next BBQ. Better yet, make some for both and keep the ingredients on hand so you can have more at a moment’s notice.
Making the Truffles
These truffles are made just like you would make fudge using condensed milk and chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together.
Stir in some vanilla and a little bit of red velvet cake mix. Chill the mixture until it sets up and then scoop it and roll it into little balls.
It really is that simple. Drizzle on a little melted chocolate and add some sprinkles to make the extra visually appealing.
Or go ahead and dip them in melted chocolate if you prefer. Either way, they are sure to make a statement.
This recipe can easily be changed by using different flavors of cake mix. It is such a great way to make a simple treat for any occasion.
- For more Christmas variations, use a spice or gingerbread cake mix.
- For spring and summer truffles, try a lemon or strawberry cake mix.
- You can even use rainbow chip cake mix or funfetti for birthday truffles.
How do you store these truffles?
Truffles like these can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks. For longer storage, freeze for up to 3 months.
Are these cake balls?
No! A lot of the red velvet truffles out there are really cake balls. These have a true chocolate truffle consistency but with red velvet flare!
More Fun Velvet Recipes
If you like a little red velvet in your life, you absolutely have to try making a red velvet cheese ball. It is perfect for serving with fruit, pretzels, graham crackers and animal crackers.
Or tone it down a bit and make a batch of pink velvet ice cream. It has a cream cheese frosting swirl that makes it next level.
Lemon velvet cake is another must make. It has that soft velvety texture and is made from scratch but is so super simple to do.
There is vanilla pink velvet cake as well. It is another easy to make cake with a super smooth texture.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
Red Velvet Truffles
Red velvet truffles are such a quick and easy treat that bring such color and flavor to your dessert menu. These fudgy little bites are perfect for Christmas, Valentine's Day or just because.
- 2 ½ cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup red velvet cake mix
- Place 2 cups of chocolate chips and the condensed milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 25-second intervals, stirring between each, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in red velvet cake mix and vanilla extract until color is uniform.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes or until it is able to be scooped and holds its shape.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop batter, then roll it into smooth balls. Place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Melt remaining ½ cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring often.
- Transfer melted chips to a small pipping bag or plastic baggie.
- Cut a small corner off of the bag and drizzle the melted chips over the truffles, adding the sprinkles before it hardens.
You can dip the truffles in melted chocolate instead of drizzling them if you prefer.
Try using different cake mixes for different flavors of truffles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Serving Size:1 truffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.
Sunday 18th of December 2022
My truffles are gooey. What did I do wronggggg?
Sunday 18th of December 2022
It's hard to say. If chilling didn't help them to set up, you could always stir in a little more cake mix to firm them up a bit.