These simple chocolate cake mix cookies are stuffed with peppermint patties and topped with chocolate mint candies. They are a chocolate and mint lover’s dream come true!
Festive cookies don’t get much easier than this! Start with a three ingredient cookie dough and add a couple of fun twists for something amazing. That’s right, they are chocolate cookies with a peppermint patty baked inside.
Sometimes you want a homemade sweet treat, but don’t want to put in a ton of effort. It’s okay, we’ve all had those days.
These cookies are perfect for these moments. They are also great for when you want out of this world Christmas cookies without a super long grocery list.
The actual cookie dough only takes three ingredients. That’s right, a chocolate cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil is all you need.
All you have to do is mix them up and wrap the dough around a small peppermint patty. Add a few Andes mint baking bits to the top and they are ready to bake.
The mix of cool peppermint and chocolate screams Christmas to me, but they don’t have to be reserved for the holidays. They would be wonderful with any mug of hot cocoa or coffee any old time of year.
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Toss a piece of sandwich bread into the container with your cookies to help keep them extra soft.
You can freeze cookies for several months. Then enjoy them frozen, let them come to room temperature naturally or put them in the microwave for a few seconds for a warm and gooey treat!
If you aren’t a huge peppermint fan, don’t despair! You can easily change up this idea in a variety of ways.
Wrap the cookie dough around a Rolo for a chocolate and caramel treat. Realistically you could try any mini candy bar in a similar way.
I can imagine a snickers stuffed cookie being really good, can’t you? Or do one with a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup.
Actually, excuse me while I run to the kitchen and whip those up. That really does sound good!
More Great Cookie Recipes
If you would like to bake up your cookies from scratch, we have you covered there too. These big and chewy chocolate mint cookies require more measuring, but are still easy to make!
For a bit of a coffee twist, check out the peppermint mocha shortbread cookies. They are a slice and bake treat that is fun to make!
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
Peppermint Stuffed Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 20 small peppermint patties snack size
- ½ cup Andes baking bits or other mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Stir together the cake mix, oil and eggs until completely combined.
- Take about 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough (the size of a small cookie scoop). Flatten the dough and place a peppermint patty in the center. Fold the dough around the candy to completely encase it. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough and candies, leaving two inches between the cookies on the pan.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of mint chips on top of each cookie, lightly pressing them into the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool for at least 10 minutes on the tray before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.