Parmesan ranch snack mix may just become your new favorite munchy. Loaded with crackers, pretzels, peanuts, bugles, and more, it is a salty snack lover’s dream come true. Of course, the Parmesan cheese and herby ranch really give it a flavor pop.
This irresistible snack mix is loaded with good stuff. You are going to find it hard to stop after just one handful.
Luckily, it makes a nice big batch, so there is plenty to go around. So, it is perfect for parties.
It also keeps well, so you can make yourself a batch and enjoy it over time. That way, you won’t have to share!
Snack Mix Options
My family loves a good crunchy snack mix. In fact, my brother says Chex Mix is his favorite Christmas cookie.
But the thing is, yummy salty snack mixes don’t have to involve cereal. This fun mix features crackers, pretzels, peanuts, and Bugles.
Now that I have, I don’t think I’ll stop. They were perfect in this mix!
Mix and Match Options
The best thing about making snack mixes like this is that they are completely customizable. As long as the total amount of crackers, etc. is pretty close to the recipe, it should work.
So feel free to play with different items. Goldfish crackers work great in place of the Cheez Its.
You could even use Parmesan goldfish crackers if you can find them.
Corn chips would be fun to try in place of the Bugles. Mixed nuts are wonderful instead of peanuts, but my guys will only eat the peanuts.
If you like it spicy, add a dash or two of of hot sauce to the oil and ranch mix. Or add a few red pepper flakes to the oil.
We like adding a little bit of extra dill. That really amps up the ranch flavor and makes it extra tasty.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I store homemade snack mix?
Baked snack mixes like this one can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three weeks. You can also freeze them for up to four or five months.
Just make sure your snack mix is completely cooled before you transfer it to the container. That way, you won’t get condensation built up in the container and it will stay crisp longer.
Can I use butter instead of oil?
Yes, you can use melted butter in place of the oil. I usually use oil because it is more economical, and it allows the ranch flavors to really shine through.
Can I use homemade ranch seasoning?
Of course! If you make your own ranch seasoning mix, just use about 2 Tablespoons in place of the packet.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card.
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix
- ½ cup oil
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- 3 cups cheese crackers
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 7.5 ounce Bugles
- 4 cups oyster crackers (one 9 ounce bag)
- 2 cups peanuts or mixed nuts
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 250℉.
- Stir together oil and ranch seasoning. Add a little bit extra dried dill if desired.½ cup oil, 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- Place all of the crackers, pretzels, and nuts in a large roasting pan. Drizzle the oil and ranch mixture over the top of everything. Stir to coat.3 cups cheese crackers, 2 cups mini pretzel twists, 7.5 ounce Bugles, 4 cups oyster crackers, 2 cups peanuts
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes to melt.½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cool completely before transferring to an airtight container for storage.