Smooth creamy no bake chocolate cheesecake jars are perfect single serve desserts for parties and picnics. They are easy to make and don’t heat up the kitchen.
These tasty little cheesecake have the perfect chocolate flavor and the perfect balance of being sweet enough but not being too sweet. Serving them from small jars makes them extra fun or elegant taking your get together to the next level.
Making small single serve desserts in jars is one of my new favorite things. They are super simple to serve, guests can just grab one when they are ready.
There is no serving mess or effort during events. Plus everyone gets a whole dessert to themselves, so it feels extra special.
I had been making things mini lemon no bake cheesecakes and even blackberry cobblers in little 4 oz ball jars. But I recently ordered these cute little glass yogurt jars and I couldn’t wait to use them.
I haven’t done a chocolaty dessert in jars yet, so it seemed like a great opportunity. And chocolate cheesecake was the perfect thing.
Making mini no bake chocolate cheesecakes
Chocolate sandwich cookies make a perfect crust. Just crush them up and add a little melted butter to help them stick together a bit.
You can use gluten free cookies for a gluten friendly dessert option. Or feel free to use graham cracker crumbs or other cookies if that is your preference.
Once your crusts are in the jars, it is time to make the filling. The key to a smooth creamy filling is making sure the cream cheese is good and softened before you start.
Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and the beater a few times to ensure there are no lumps before you move on. Then you can move on to adding the sugar and melted chocolate.
I like to add the cream slowly with the mixer running so it incorporates easily. If you don’t have a stand mixer, just add a bit of cream at a time and mix well between additions to help it incorporate.
Once it is fluffy and thick, scoop or pipe it into the jars. You can stop here if you want, but I like to add one more layer.
A bit of cream cheese whipped cream on top adds visual pizzazz. Plus it all tastes great together, a few mini chocolate chips add flavor and texture to round it all out.
Refrigerate the jars until you are ready to serve them and then set them out and watch them disappear. They are sure to be a big hit with everyone.
More great no bake cheesecakes
Mini no bake key lime cheesecakes in a jar are loaded with citrus flavor. They are bright, tangy and perfect for summer.
No bake mocha cheesecake has chocolate and coffee flavors throughout. Plus it has an elegant lady finger crust that makes it extra pretty.
Or make no bake condensed milk cheesecake. It is great served in a jar like these or as a pie in a graham cracker crust.
For a more autumnal flavor profile, try making a no bake pumpkin cheesecake. It is perfect for fall gatherings or even Thanksgiving.
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 30 Oreos
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Crush Oreos into crumbs. Stir in melted butter. Spoon about 1 Tablespoon of mixture into each jar, pushing slightly to form crust.
- Melt chocolate chips with 1/2 cup of cream until it is just melted enough to stir smooth. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Beat cream cheese until it is completely smooth. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and the beater to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, mixing to combine. Then add the melted chocolate mixture and beat well. (I like to keep the mixer running on low while adding the chocolate to help it incorporate without hardening too fast.
- Slowly add the cream, mixing as you go. Once all of the cream is added, turn up the mixer to medium and beat until fluffy.
- Spoon or pipe over crust in jars.
- To make the cream cheese whipped cream, start by beating the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, beating until incorporated.
- Slowly drizzle in the cream, mixing as you go. Then turn up the mixer speed and beat until the mixture is fluffy and holds a stiff peak.
- Pipe or spoon over chocolate mixture. Top with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.