This great zucchini bread is the perfect balance of sweet and spice with a great crumb. You are going to love it!
When you have extra zucchini laying around, you have to make zucchini bread. This quick bread is delicious and loaded with shredded squash.
It is lightly spiced, just the right amount of sweet and super tasty. Make some for yourself and some for gifts. You can even freeze some for later!
Guess what day it is. It’s Cake Slice Day again!
There really wasn’t an option like that this month, which helped point me in this direction. Add to that the fact that I had some zucchini on my counter waiting to be used and zucchini bread happens to be one of my favorites and this choice was sort of a no-brainer!
I have always loved zucchini bread. I probably made hundreds of loaves of it as a kid.
Zucchini always seems to be so easy to come by during the summer and some point we always ended up grating and freezing some for later loaves of bread.
It was always fun to take some out and make a lovely loaf of sweet bread for breakfast. Being from a big family, getting the loaf eaten was never a problem.
I actually made these loaves on a major baking day. It was rainy out and I was in the mood, so I made a bunch of treats.
So, rather than bake one giant loaf or even two smaller ones I went for mini loaves. I dropped a couple loaves off as surprise treats for family and then brought the other two to family dinner.
Chloe was excited to see the zucchini bread and was quick to let me know she would help eat any that was left. I am lucky to have such generous family! 😉
Actually, the offer was quite welcome. I had more than half the batch of Sunshine and Summertime Muffins left from the big batch I had baked that day. It was fun to make both a yellow squash recipe and a zucchini recipe!
This loaf did end up with a slightly different color than most of the zucchini bread recipes I have made in the past. Maida warned that would be the case.
It tasted really good though and had a great crumb. I like that it formed a nice crunch on the crust but the loaves were still soft and delicious.
A nice slice of bread is good on it’s own and even better with a smear of butter. YUM!
For another fun way to use up some zucchini, check out the strawberry zucchini jam recipe. It is bright and fun.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 packed cups of coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 4 mini loaf pans (or a 10×5 loaf pan or two 9×5 loaf pans)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, just enough to mix. Stir in sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Stir add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. It will be a thick batter at this stage.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini and any of the juice.
- Place equal amounts in the prepared pans. Smooth the tops and bake. The mini loaves took 35 minutes to bake. The large loaf will take closer to 45 or 50. A cake tester should come out clean and dry.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out of pan. Then continue to cool on a wire rack until room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.