Chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars take two of our favorite treats and combine them into one easy and epic dessert. The cookie crust and creamy cheesecake filling are so good together.
These yummy cheesecake bars only take 4 ingredients to make, but you would never guess that. My mom used to make them for a special treat when we were growing up, so I am glad we finally found the recipe again!
Table of Contents
Make a batch for a party, potluck, bake sale, or any time you need a treat that tastes amazing. Using tubes of chocolate chip cookie dough make them extra easy, but of course, you can make your own chocolate chip cookie dough and use about 2 pounds of it.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- chocolate chip cookie dough – We have always used storebought for these bars, but you could certainly use homemade
- cream cheese – Use the full fat cream cheese for the creamiest cheesecake bars. You can try reduced fat, but the texture won’t quite be the same.
- granulated sugar – just enough to sweeten the cheesecake layer
- egg – to bind the cheesecake together
Making The Cheesecake Bars
Start by preparing your 9×13-inch pan. I lined my pan with parchment paper to make them easy to get out, but that isn’t required.
You can certainly just spray the pan with a little cooking spray if you prefer. Then, press a tube of cookie dough onto the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
I like to use just a little bit of the second tube of dough to make sure the whole bottom of the pan is covered.
Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until they are lump free. Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until incorporated.
You do want a nice smooth mixture, but you really don’t want to beat a lot of air into the cheesecake. Pour the mixture over the crust.
Top the cheesecake with the remaining cookie dough. You can either cut it into thin slices or just drop little bits of dough randomly over the cheesecake.
Bake until the cookies and lightly browned, and the cheesecake is set. Then, let them cool before cutting into them.
Waiting for them to cool is the hardest part. They are so tempting.
But cutting into the hot cheesecake mixture is just going to make a mess.
Store the bars in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them. They are good cold or at room temperature.
Tips and Tricks
You can cut the recipe in half if you want. Bake it in an 8-inch square pan for about 35 minutes.
For the cleanest pieces, chill the bars before cutting. It also helps to wipe the knife blade off between cuts.
You can add a splash of vanilla to the cheesecake mixture to give it even more flavor.
If you are a chocoholic, sprinkle some mini chocolate chips over the bars before you bake them.
MiMi’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 36 ounces chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9×13-inch pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Press 1 tube of chocolate chip cookie dough to form a crust on the bottom of the pan. You can use a little bit of the second roll of dough if you need to make a full crust.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined. When the mixture is smooth, spread over the crust in the pan.2 cups granulated sugar, 3 large eggs, 16 ounces cream cheese
- Place thin slices of the remaining cookie dough over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool at room temperature for an hour, then chill until ready to serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.