Roasted potatoes are a versatile and easy side dish. These have the perfect amount of seasoning on the outside and are soft and delicious on the inside too.
Roasted potatoes are a perfect side dish. Everyone loves them and they can go with just about anything. Sometimes my guys like to dip them in ketchup, but I love them just the way they are.
These little nuggets of goodness of crisp exteriors and soft interiors with just enough seasoning to bring it all together.
We have tried roasted potatoes many different ways over the years, but we always come back to these. The first time we had them was at MiMi’s house probably about 7 years ago.
Ever since, they have been one of my husband’s favorite potato dishes. This is one of the few potato dishes he is willing to eat without drowning the potatoes in sour cream, cheese and bacon!
These potatoes come together so quickly. The combination of spices is perfect.
Usually I roast my veggies in a really hot oven. These potatoes get roasted at a slightly lower temperature.
The oven is hot enough to brown the edges of the potatoes, but low enough that the inside of those tasty golden little nuggets is nice and soft and smooth. Follow the directions exactly and your are bound to fall in love!
- 16 small potatoes (I usually use thin skinned ones so I don't have to peel them)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Clean your potatoes and cut them into large bite sized pieces. (I usually quarter small round potatoes or cut medium ones into sixths.)
- Toss with oil and spices.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning half with through.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 821mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.