Cinnamon and brown sugar combine in these tasty and easy muffins. They are a perfect way to start your day!
If you are looking for a tasty breakfast treat, you are in the right place! These muffins are simple but super delicious. Make a batch on the weekend and enjoy them throughout the week or freeze the leftovers to enjoy later.
Sometimes the morning just calls for muffins. They are an easy way to make the day a little extra special.
I like baking them in big batches and freezing the extras. It’s fun to have a plethora of flavors in the freezer.
Then when you are hungry you can pick the one that sounds the best and stick it in the microwave for a few seconds. Then you can enjoy it leisurely with your coffee or take it out the door with you if you are in a hurry.
This particular recipe is super simple. There are no strange ingredients or fresh produce to have on hand.
Everything you need is likely in your pantry already. Using oil instead of butter means you don’t even have to think ahead to soften anything.
You can literally whip the batter up at a moment’s notice and be baking them in no time. Of course there is the added bonus of the sweet cinnamon aroma while they cook.
The muffins themselves are soft with a slight crunch on top from the sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. The brown sugar in the batter adds yummy depth of flavor that pairs so well with the cinnamon.
Don’t worry if you don’t have brown sugar though. You can use all granulated sugar and they will still turn out delicious.
I’m telling you they are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee. So next time you are in the mood for a cinnamon-y breakfast treat but don’t want to go through the effort of the rolling rising of cinnamon rolls, bake up these muffins instead!
If you like this, you may like out cinnamon sugar quick bread as well. It has very similar flavors, but is baked in loaf form so you can slice and serve it.
Or if you want a variety of muffins in your freezer like me, whip up some banana oat muffins, whole grain peach muffins, or sourdough chocolate chip muffins! They are all soooo good and perfect for a grab and go from the freezer.
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or other neutral flavored oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line 18 muffin wells with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until it's well mixed and there are no clumps. (Don't add the additional 2 Tablespoons of sugar or teaspoon of cinnamon, that's for later!)
- In a separate bowl, stir together the milk, oil and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop into prepared wells. A large cookie scoop is perfect for this.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 Tablespoons of sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon over the batter in each well.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean.
- Cool in muffin tin for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.