A supersized chewy vanilla cookie filled with plenty of festive sprinkles and white chocolate chips and topped with frosting and more sprinkles. This funfetti cookie cake is what birthday dreams are made of.
If you want a special treat for a birthday boy or girl who prefers cookies to cake, look no further. This super festive sprinkle filled birthday cookie cake screams party and is sure to delight your favorite cookie lover.
I cannot believe it took me so long to share this scrumptious party ready dessert with you. I actually made it for my sister-in-law’s birthday back in November.
But December was chock full of Christmas posts and giveaways, so I am finally able to share it with you. It is definitely worth the wait!
When asked what her birthday treat request was she said sprinkles. 😃 I told her I could put sprinkles on just about anything so that would be easy enough.
When pressed she gave me vanilla and cookies to go on. So I figured a cookie cake filled with sprinkles would be just the thing.
The best part is how quick it was to make. The beauty of doing a cookie as bars or a cookie cake is you don’t have to put trayful after trayful of cookies in the oven.
There is just one trip to the oven and a delicious giant cookie emerges.
You just smoosh the dough into a pan and throw it in the oven! Plus that helps ensure a super chewy center. 😍
Just a little bit of crispy around the edge and perfect soft cookie goodness in the middle.
I used my 12″ tart pan because I was feeding a crowd and I think the scalloped edges are fun. But don’t worry if you don’t have one.
A 12″ oven safe skillet would work. Just make sure it’s deep enough. Otherwise you could bake it in two 9″ cake or pie pans. Even a 10×15″ pan or lasagna pan would work.
Of course I couldn’t have a birthday treat without frosting, so I piped on a quick border of sweetened condensed milk buttercream. Then another dusting of sprinkles really pulled it all together.
It is actually fitting that I had to wait until now to share this though as the blog is celebrating its 4th birthday! A lot has changed in those 4 years and it has been a fun ride.
What started on a whim has become a creative outlet. It has also enabled me to meet and become friends with people from all over the world.
It will be fun to see where this year takes us. As always, I am open to suggestions.
But no matter what, I am sure there will be more frosting and sprinkles along the way!
Tips and Tricks for Making a Cookie Cake
Make sure to use jimmies in the cookie. Nonpareils will melt into the dough and make a brown mess.
Nonpareils are cute sprinkled on top though!
Using a couple of nine inch cake or pie pans will work if you don’t have a 12″ tart pan.
A 12″ cast iron skillet will also work great!
You can bake the cookie ahead of time and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Then freeze it until part day, then defrost and decorate.
If you prefer chocolate chips, they would be fun too. White chips just better matched my sister-in-law’s vanilla request.
This could easily be made into cookie bars and baked in a 9×13″ pan.
More fun cookie cake ideas
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup jimmie style sprinkles
- optional: additional sprinkles/nonpareils and buttercream for top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease your pan. A 12-inch tart pan, a 9×13-inch pan, or 2 pie pans will work.)
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well mixed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and corn starch. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the white chips and jimmies, then press the dough into the prepared pan(s). Sprinkle additional jimmies or nonpareils on top if desired.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden and the center is set.
- Cool completely before removing from pan. Pipe a buttercream border on if desired and top with more sprinkles!