Make your own apple chips with very little effort. Just bake them in your oven and they are ready to be added to salads, used as garnishes for desserts or just be snacked on!
Apple chips are such a versatile fall treat. You can use them to top cakes, toss them in salads or eat them as is. Instead of buying them from the store, make them at home. They are super easy and delicious.
Tools for making oven baked apple chips
There are no special tools or skills that are absolutely required to make these delicious apple chips. However, a mandolin or some sort of slicer certainly makes getting thin and even slices much easier.
You will need:
- baking sheet
- and oven
Tools to make it easier:
Step by step instructions for making homemade apple chips in the oven
Cut apples into thin slices. The more even the better, so use a mandoline slicer if you have one.
Spread out over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with a small amount of cinnamon sugar if desired.
Bake at 225℉ until mostly dried. The edges will curl, but they won’t necessarily feel dry to the touch immediately. They will harden a bit as they cool.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Any moisture will make them soften a bit again.
Great uses for apple chips
- Make Apple Spice Snack Mix
- Stir them into oatmeal
- Garnish soups or salads with them
- Pile them high on a Southern Caramel Cake
- Use them as a garnish on apple cupcakes
- 1 apple
- optional: a teaspoon or so of cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 225°F and place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Slice apples 1/8-1/4" thick. This is done easiest on a mandolin.
- Place in a single layer on the baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (they will take a bit longer the thicker you cut them) or until the edges start to curl. Turn off oven, but leave the door shut and let them sit for another 15 minutes or so.
- Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.