This quick and easy popcorn recipe is a fun munchy for parties. Strawberries and cream popcorn is especially fun in spring, but is great year round.
Strawberries and cream popcorn was shared for the first time way back in the early days of Cooking With Carlee. When we were deciding what kind of popcorn to make for his hop on popcorn course of his Dr. Seuss birthday party, once I get this in my head I just knew I had to make it again.
It had been so long since we had it and we are all big fans of anything strawberry and cream. It worked out great because it makes a big batch.
I sprinkled it with a few sprinkles to make it extra festive for the birthday party.
This is a perfect snack to make the day ahead of the party and have ready for people to munch on while they wait for the meal. It would also be fun in little baggies as an edible favor.
Now here is the original post I wrote in February 2015:
Have I told you lately how ready for spring I am? This snow is for the birds.
This girl is over it. Even Little Dude is over it. He didn’t even try to play in it this morning.
He stepped in it, then looked dismayed. We need green. We need warm. We need spring.
So, we are still trying to make it spring inside. More strawberries!
It got a resounding two thumbs up from my husband and his friend. Little Dude and I loved it too. Little Dude kept trying to steal some from my bowl while keeping his to himself!
For Little Dude’s first birthday party, we did a popcorn theme. We had a popcorn bar with all sorts of popcorn.
I ordered rainbow corn, caramel corn, caramel apple corn and we set up a popcorn cart with toppings. I made white chocolate popcorn and cookies and cream popcorn.
That is where I got this idea. Why not use freeze dried strawberries?! Yum!
All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a few minutes.
Mix the berries and the popcorn, add the almond bark and viola!It almost felt like spring for a minute.
Then we woke up to -8 real temp and -24 wind chill this morning. It’s amazing how reality always comes back to slap you in the face!
Other fun popcorn recipes:
- Grandma’s Microwave Caramel Corn is an absolute favorite. It’s the buttery, crunchy caramel corn you love made quick and easy in a brown paper bag in the microwave!
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn is a chocolate sandwich cookie version of this one. It is simple, sweet and delicious!
- Peanut Butter Popcorn is a peanut butter twist on caramel corn. It crunchy, peanutty goodness!
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
Strawberries and Cream Popcorn
- 1 oz freeze dried strawberry slices
- ¾ pound almond bark
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- In a double boiler, or the microwave, melt the almond bark until smooth
- Lightly crush the strawberry slices and pour over the popcorn
- Pour almond bark over the popcorn and strawberries. Quickly stir to coat, keep stirring until everything has an even coating
- Allow to set for at least 10 minutes, then serve
- Store in an airtight container