Lunch just got better with these quick and easy pizza quesadillas. They are perfect for lunchboxes, after school snacks and more!
Mash together the best of pizza and quesadillas into one fun dish. Make several and send them to school in your child’s lunchbox or teach them to make for themselves as an after school snack. Of course a little pizza sauce for dipping makes them so much more fun. Enjoy!
With school starting back up, it is time to get some lunch ideas in the works. This year it is even more important than normal.
I don’t know how your school district is handling lunch time this year, but our kids are eating in the classroom. Packing all those kids in a cafeteria is just too much.
Little Dude prefers taking his lunch anyway so he doesn’t have to wait in line for food. The lunch period is so short, giving up that time makes it hard to eat.
So we thought it would be fun to come up with some easy and different ideas for lunchboxes this week. After all packing the same sandwich day after day gets super boring.
And that’s if your kid will even eat a sandwich. I know several who just plain won’t. Luckily these quesadillas take almost no time to make. We kept them super simple, but you can easily add veggies or other pizza toppings if you would like.
Make a few over the weekend and store them in the refrigerator for lunches during the week. Or freeze them to ensure they stay chilled until lunch time, they will defrost over the course of the morning.
Add a small container of sauce, some vegetables or an applesauce and a drink and lunch is done. Easy peasy! If you like fun pizza inspired twists on food, try our stuffed pizza waffles. Or you could make a batch of stuffed pizza footballs and throw them in lunches as well!
What are you putting in your kids’ lunchboxes? We can always use some more ideas, tell us your favorites in the comments.
- 2 small tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 pepperoni slices
- 2 Tablespoons pizza sauce
- optional: 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Warm a skillet over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and top with cheese and pepperoni. If desired, sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Place the second tortilla over the toppings.
- When the cheese is melty and the bottom tortilla is a light golden brown, flip the quesadilla.
- Cook until the second side is a light golden brown then remove from heat.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy immediately with the pizza dipping sauce or allow to cool completely and then package up for a lunchbox later.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1041mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.