Make stuffed pizza footballs for your big game party! They are cute and easy. They could also be made into a super fun dinner.
Your guests are sure to RSVP to you football watching parties if they know you are making stuffed pizza footballs! They are also a great make and take for tailgates as well. We stuffed ours with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni, but you could use your favorite toppings!
We love having people over to watch football. It is fun to get everyone together and rib each other about how we are doing in our pick’em pool, talk smack about our fantasy teams and just catch up.
But if you are like us, the game is only half of the attraction. The other half is the food! I have a pot of chili going more Sundays than not during football season.
It is also a great time to try out new snack recipes. I love to make and eat that kind of food, but sometimes a full batch is too much for just us.
This recipe is perfect for your game day gatherings. MiMi found it on the Rhodes website and new it would be a hit with everyone.
They turned out so darn cute and were really delicious. The leftovers were good reheated too. Don’t worry too much about that though, there won’t be many left!
There is just something so fun about serving football shaped food for big games. We have a few favorite recipes that are requested at our big game parties.
More favorite football shaped recipes:
Pig Skin Cheese Ball is a fun traditional style cheese ball. It is flavored with bacon, cheddar and ranch and decorated to look like a football complete with a pig skin made of bacon!
Cookies and Cream Football Cheese Ball is a fun chocolate version of a dessert cheese ball. It is fun served with graham crackers, chocolate cookies, vanilla wafers or even pretzels.
More Pepperoni Recipes
If quick pizza inspired recipes are your jam, check out bubble up pizza. It comes together in just a few minutes and packs big pizza taste!
Pepperoni muffins are another fun pizza inspired treats. They are a great savory muffin option that make great lunchbox lunches as well.
Pepperoni pizza cheese ball is a great game day appetizer idea as well. All the pizza flavor in a fun cracker spread.
Or try pepperoni pizza stuffed waffles, they take just a few minutes to make. It is fun to use the waffle make for something a little bit different.
Now onto the recipe:
Stuffed Pizza Footballs
- 24 Rhodes Rolls thawed to room temperature
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 1 package mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 6 slices provolone or mozzarella
- Put a hunk of dough on a rolling surface and roll it out into an oval shape
- Put a heavy teaspoon of sauce on half of the dough ovals and spread around. Leave a rim around the edge with no sauce.
- Place a few mini pepperonis on the sauce, then add a little shredded cheese.
- Top with a second oval of dough. Pinch the edges together to seal.
- Cut the sliced cheese into strips and place over dough to resemble the laces on a football.
- Bake on parchment paper in a 350°F oven for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.