Oreo cheesecake poke cake is simple to put together but results in a decadent and delicious dessert. It is the perfect mix of chocolate cake, sandwich cookies and pudding goodness.
This recipe layers pudding, whipped cream and Oreos on top of a doctored up chocolate cake mix cake for the ultimate cookies and cream experience. It is sure to wow everyone and they will never guess how easy it was to make.
Making the cake
The base layer of this epic treat is a chocolate cake made slightly differently than the directions on the box. These little changes make the cake extra tasty, but you can default to the standard mix directions if you would like.
When the batter is transferred to the pan, sprinkle it with some crushed Oreos and bake. The cookie bits add a tiny bit of texture and even more flavor.
When the cake is partially cooled, poke with holes using the handle of a wooden spoon or something similar. Mix together a box of instant cheesecake pudding and pour over the cake when the pudding is slightly thickened but not completely set.
Feel free to experiment with other pudding flavors. Vanilla or chocolate would both work well.
The pudding will soak into the cake a bit adding moisture, richness and flavor. It is hard to beat that combination!
Refrigerate the pudding topped cake until ready to serve. Top your cake with fresh whipped cream or cool whip and more crushed cookies.
The result is absolutely amazing. People will be begging for seconds and the recipe!
Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator. The cookies on top will soften over time but it will still taste great.
Feel free to add more crushed cookies on the leftovers for more texture. Nobody is stopping you!
More great recipes using Oreo cookies
You are just three ingredients away from the most fabulous chocolate dipped peanut butter Oreo truffles.
Dirt pudding jars are a childhood favorite treat that is sure to become an instant favorite again. Crushed cookies, creamy pudding and cream cheese make such a delicious no bake dessert!
Or turn Oreos into a fun cookies and cream cheese ball. It is such a fun treat and makes a great game day dessert,
More fabulous chocolate cake recipes
Chocolate mayonnaise cake is rich and delicious. This recipe makes a small cake that is perfect for a small gathering.
Rolo poke cake pairs chocolate cake, caramel and whipped cream. It is another fabulous option.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Box Cheesecake Pudding (3.4 Ounces)
- 12 Ounces Whipped Cream or Whipped Topping
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 4 Eggs
- 3 ¼ Cups Milk
- ⅓ Cup Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 cake pan.
- Place the Oreos in a large baggie, seal it shut, and use a hard object like a rolling pin to crush them into large chunks.
- Place the cake mix, eggs, oil, and 1 ⅓ cups milk in a large mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until no lumps appear.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle half of the crushed Oreos over the top of the batter.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in 3 or 4 lines throughout the cake.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pudding and remaining milk. Mix lightly and then pour over the cake before it gets too thick.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the top and place in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Top with the whipped cream and remaining chunks of Oreo. Enjoy!
- Do not crush your Oreos into a fine powder. If you do, this will suck the moisture out of your cake during the baking process and make for one bleh cake. Keep them in large chunks and only add them to the top of the cake batter right before baking, do not mix them in.
- I do not follow the instructions of the cake mix box. For the best cake, ignore the ingredients they tell you and follow these instructions and you’ll be so pleased.
- If you want to add even more Oreo flavor, you can blend 5 or 6 Oreos to a fine powder and fold them into your whipped cream before adding it to the cake.
- You don’t have to let your cake cool before adding the pudding. Just slap it on there and throw it in the fridge.
- If the pudding gets too thick, that’s ok, just rub it over the holes well or inject some straight into the holes directly. Either way, it’s still yummy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.