This creamy béchamel is flavored with lemon and rosemary for an extra special sauce. It pairs well with chicken in a variety of ways. How will you use it first?
Do you like creamy delicious sauces that are full of flavor? Me too! And this one fits the bill.
It has the perfect creamy texture. It is everything you love about a béchamel but made brighter with lemon. You with me?
Now, take that sumptuous sauce and infuse in some rosemary.
Yep! It is really easy to make and will kick up anything you put it on. Imagine it with chicken and pasta. Ooh, or a white chicken lasagna. I think that is happening! SOON!
This time it baked over stuffed crepes and it was perfect!
Lemon Rosemary Béchamel
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups milk sometimes I use half chicken broth, half milk. Shh, don’t tell!
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a saucepan or skillet, melt the butter over medium to medium-low heat.4 Tablespoons salted butter
- Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes. You don’t want to roux to take on any color, but you want the flour flavor to cook out.4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Whisk in the milk until smooth. Don’t panic if it is a little lumpy at first, keep whisking until it isn’t.2½ cups milk
- After a minute or two, add the lemon juice and sprigs of rosemary. Continue to cook over medium to medium-low heat, stirring frequently until you reach your desired consistency. It should just take a couple of minutes more.3 Tablespoons lemon juice, 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Remove the springs of rosemary before using.