This fresh fruit salad is loaded with fruit that is good all fall and winter long. It is a healthy and delicious side dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
During spring and summer, throwing together a fruit salad is so easy. Dump in some delicious fresh berries, mix, done!
I just love berries, so it I only have eyes for them when they are ripe and delicious. But we are heading into the season where a couple of things happen.
1. Berries get super expensive. 2. They taste like crap anyway. So we have to scramble and do something different.
We went to a family get together recently and I was asked to bring fruit. So I put together some of my favorites for this time of year.
The only problem is I didn’t want the apples and bananas to turn brown between the time I cut them and serving time. I knew a little lemon juice would help a lot, but I didn’t want it to be too sour so I added a bit of honey too.
It is simple, but really delicious, healthy and fresh. It is a perfect fruity side for the fall and winter season… then back to berries!
More great fruity salad recipes
- Fruit and chicken poppy seed dinner salad
- Great-grandma’s frozen fruit salad
- Chicken salad with pineapple and grapes
- 2 T honey
- 2 T lemon juice
- 6 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 3 apples, chopped
- 3 cups of grapes
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Quickly stir together the honey and lemon juice.
- Chop all fruit into bite sized pieces and toss in dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 5gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.