Cheesy potatoes with bacon are a popular side dish that go with almost any dinner. Bite sized pieces of tender potato are baked with butter, cheese and bacon making a simple but perfect casserole. Eat it as it is, or top it with sour cream and chives for a loaded baked potato like experience.
Soft buttery potatoes loaded with cheese and bacon, this casserole is sure to become a favorite side dish. The best part is it goes with just about anything.
It is at home on your dinner plate loaded with BBQ, great with pork chops, fabulous with a roast. No matter what you are serving, cheesy potatoes is just the thing to go with it.
We all love the traditional cheesy potato casserole. It is so creamy and delicious, but sometimes it is nice to switch it up a bit.
These potatoes are just the thing! MiMi first made these back in 2015.
It had been a little while so we had to have them again. So when grilled pork chops made the family dinner menu, it was time to break these gems back out!
Rather than hash browns like the traditional cheesy potato casserole, this recipe starts with new potatoes. Since there are bite sized chunks of potatoes, the flavor really carries through. But of course, the cheese and bacon are the star of the show!
This batch barely hit the counter before it disappeared. We were darn close to literally licking the pan clean.
MiMi had been hoping to use the leftovers for breakfast with fried eggs, but she had to come up with another plan. While that would have been delicious, it would have required a second batch. Maybe next time!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you store the leftovers?
Leftover cheesy potatoes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Just reheat and serve.
What else can I add to these cheesy potatoes?
We love these potatoes just the way they are, but you can add things like chives, green onions, or sour cream once they are out of the oven if you would like.
These potatoes go great with:
Pulled Pork Sliders and cheesy potatoes would make a fabulous hearty meal. So much pork and bacon goodness!
Hamburger Surprise are always a favorite for our family. The combination is sure to be popular with your family as well.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Cheesy Potatoes With Bacon
- 16 medium new potatoes
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup butter melted
- salt and pepper
- Cube potatoes into bite sized pieces, leaving the skin on.16 medium new potatoes
- Put potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with cold water. Add some salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Put half of the potatoes in a large casserole or 9×13 pan (you can halve the recipe and make it in an 8-9-inch pan or two quart casserole). Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Distribute bacon over the cheese and potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle the butter over the top.1 lb. bacon, ½ cup butter
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Casserole is done when cheese is completely melted.