Loaded with cheese and bacon, these potatoes are going to disappear before you even know what happened! Great for BBQs, potlucks or family dinners!
Soft buttery potatoes loaded with cheese and bacon, this casserole is sure to become a favorite side dish. The best part is it goes with just about anything.
It is at home on your dinner plate loaded with BBQ, great with pork chops, fabulous with a roast. No matter what you are serving, cheesy potatoes is just the thing to go with it.
We all love the traditional cheesy potato casserole. It is so creamy and delicious, but sometimes it is nice to switch it up a bit.
These potatoes are just the thing! MiMi first made these back in 2015.
It had been a little while so we had to have them again. So when grilled pork chops made the family dinner menu, it was time to break these gems back out!
Rather than hash browns like the traditional cheesy potato casserole, this recipe starts with new potatoes. Since there are bite sized chunks of potatoes, the flavor really carries through. But of course, the cheese and bacon are the star of the show!
This batch barely hit the counter before it disappeared. We were darn close to literally licking the pan clean.
MiMi had been hoping to use the leftovers for breakfast with fried eggs, but she had to come up with another plan. While that would have been delicious, it would have required a second batch. Maybe next time!
These would go great with:
Pulled Pork Sliders and cheesy potatoes would make a fabulous hearty meal. So much pork and bacon goodness!
Hamburger Surprise are always a favorite for our family. The combination is sure to be popular with your family as well.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 16 medium new potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- Cube potatoes into bite sized pieces, leaving the skin on.
- Put potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with cold water. Add some salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Put half of the potatoes in a large casserole or 9×13 pan (you can halve the recipe and make it in an 8-9-inch pan or two quart casserole). Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon and pour the butter over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Casserole is done when cheese is completely melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.