The best Christmas breakfast recipe ideas in one place. They are all either quick and easy or can be prepped ahead so that you aren’t running around on Christmas morning.
Christmas morning calls for a special breakfast, but nobody wants to spend all morning in the kitchen. It’s a time to celebrate and be with your family. So I have collected 29 fabulous recipes that can either be prepped ahead or put together in a jiffy.
We love having family over for breakfast on Christmas morning, but I want to hang out with everyone and enjoy Little Dude’s excitement rather than spending the morning cooking. I was collecting some ideas for this year’s brunch extravaganza and thought you might like to see some of the ideas too.
What are your Christmas morning traditions?
Quick and Easy Breakfast Dishes
Quick and Easy Savory and Egg Breakfast Recipes
- Take you eggs to the next level with the Grana Padano Scrambled Eggs with Prosciutto Roses. It elevates your breakfast without making it too complicated.
- Throw this Christmas Ham Fritata together in just a few minutes and throw it in the oven.
- This Easy Breakfast Casserole is loaded with hash browns, eggs, sausage and even a little ranch dressing!
- Brown the sausage the night before and this Sausage and Egg Casserole can be in the oven in no time on Christmas morning.
- Anything single serve feels a little extra special, not to mention if the name is French! These Cheesy Ouefs en Cocotte are ready in less than a half hour and without a ton of effort.
- This Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole straddles the line between sweet and savory. Serve it with some raspberry preserves and a dusting of powdered sugar in a nod to the classic sandwich.
- Add some cream cheese and smoked salmon to your scrambled eggs for something fabulous on your table. It is quick and easy but is sure to taste special.
- Bacon and Egg Cups are a fabulously easy way to get breakfast on the table… and it has bacon!
- Have you ever tried a breakfast version of a sheet pan supper? This Tex-Mex Sheet Pan Breakfast is delicious and easy!
Quick and Easy Sweet Breakfast Treats
- Using crescent dough makes these Blueberry Cream Cheese Danishes quick and easy. They take just a few ingredients and minimal prep work.
- Instead of flipping a bunch of pancakes, make Fluffy Baked Blueberry Pancakes.
- This Slow Cooker Raspberry Chocolate Chip French Toast can cook while you unwrap presents. You could prep everything the night before and pour it all in crock in the morning.
- A Dutch Baby Pancake is a quick way to feed everyone without standing over the stove. Make the batter the night before for an even quicker breakfast.
- Make a fruit and yogurt parfait with a deliciously large helping of Toasted Coconut Granola on top. Do yourself a big favor and make a TON when you go for it!
Make Ahead Breakfast Dishes
Make Ahead Sweet Breakfast Treats
- Assemble this Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Casserole the night before. The next day you can either bake it in the oven or in the instant pot, whichever you prefer!
- It is hard to go wrong with a good cinnamon roll, especially when you can assemble them the night before! These Easy Overnight Cinnamon Rolls have my attention!
- You can make this Cranberry Apple Cobbler can cook overnight and you will wake up to the smell and taste of Christmas.
- Assemble these Cinnamon French Toast Muffins the night before and bake them in the morning.
- Anyone would be happy to wake up to this Overnight Cinnamon Roll Casserole!
- Are you ready to hit the nog? then make these Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls the night before and bake them in the morning.
- While we are enjoying a bit of nog, how about some Eggnog Waffles? You can make the batter the night before too.
- If french toast is good, stuffed french toast is better. This Baked Stuffed French Toast is prepped the night before and bakes in the morning, making it super easy all the way around!
Make Ahead Savory Breakfast Mains
- I love making these Ham, Egg and Cheese Sliders the day before an event. Then all you have to do is heat them up until the outsides are golden and the insides are soft and delicious.
- Make these Sausage, Kale, Egg and Cheese Muffins ahead of time and warm them up on Christmas morning for a no muss no fuss breakfast.
- Make this Sausage Egg and Cheese Casserole ahead of time and warm it when you’re ready.
- A quiche is a great make ahead main dish as they are good warm or at room temperature. This Easy Western Omelet Quiche is a lot easier than making everyone individual omelets!
- These Smoked Salmon Croissant Strata look absolutely fabulous. I am ready to grab a fork and go to town. Assemble them the day ahead and just bake them off when you are ready.