Garden fresh vegetables and chicken bathed in honey garlic goodness and cooked simply on a sheet pan. Get your rice cooking, dinner will be ready soon!
When the garden starts producing, I love to come up with fun and simple dinners that are loaded with vegetables. This sheet pan honey garlic chicken dinner is a great way turn a lot of those in season veggies into a stir fry style dinner. The best part is you don’t even have to stand over the hot stove.
This is a super simple dinner to make. Cutting up the vegetables is probably the biggest chore, and it’s not like you need a fine dice so even that goes quickly.
I like to marinate both the meat and veggies. That way everything is soaked in flavor before you even start cooking.
After a nice bath in flavor, just arrange it all on a greased sheet pan and let the oven do the work for you. Easy peasy!
While the meal cooks, I cook some rice to serve with it. I’ve been loving using my instant pot for rice.
It just takes one touch of a button and it’s done. Plus it eliminates the little splatters of starchy water I always get when I do it on the stove.
While everything cooks, kick your feet up for a minute. Go ahead, you deserve it!
Long before you are ready for your break to be over, dinner will be done. It’s nutritious and delicious too!
I love how everything gets a light coating of flavor in this recipe but there’s not an overpowering and gloppy sauce. Just enough to make it good.
We like ours with a drizzle of sriracha. Little Dude of course prefers his without.
What are your favorite sheet pan dinners that feature fresh veggies?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 summer squash
- 1 cup baby carrots or sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into medium sized chunks.
- Cut the broccoli into florets. Slice the squash.
- In a bowl, mix together the honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and oils. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken and vegetables for at least a half hour and up to 4 hours if you have the time.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a half sheet pan.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on pan.
- Cook for about 25 minutes, stirring half way through. Check chicken for doneness before serving over rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 796mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 52g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.