Make easy egg bites in the Instant Pot for a quick and easy breakfast or protein filled snack. You can use whatever add ins you like similar to an omelet to personalize them to make them your own.
These egg bites are similar to what you would get at Starbucks but you can customize them and they are so much more economical. They only take a few ingredients and very little effort to make.
Starting your day off with a bit of protein helps to keep you full and satisfied. These egg bites are a great way to get that breakfast hit in a cute little package.
They can be made in bulk and reheated later. You can also have different mix ins in each bite as well, so you can make each individual one with their own favorites.
We made this whole batch with sausage and cheese. You could also add vegetables, ham or bacon if you would like.
One small tip would be to saute the vegetables a bit before using them if you can. It helps to reduce the liquid content and will help the egg bites hold together.
Storing and reheating egg bites
Leftover egg bites can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. So you can make extras and enjoy them throughout the week.
Warm an egg bite or two up in the microwave. Start heating them up for about thirty seconds and add more time if necessary.
If you would like to store them longer, you can freeze them for several months. Freeze them separately first then add them to a bag once frozen.
Defrost the egg bites overnight before reheating them. That way they can warm through without getting overcooked on the outside.
More great egg recipes
Make a Denver omelet roll for a fun breakfast. You get the flavor of an omelet in a fun swiss roll style package.
Make fun eggs Benedict tarts in flaky puff pastry bases. They are made in the oven and the optional drizzle of Hollandaise makes them irresistible.
Make sheet pan eggs in a hole for the whole family at once This recipe adds bacon as well, so it’s sure to make you the hero of your breakfast table.
For a hearty meal, try making breakfast enchiladas. The sausage and egg filling is tasty, but the cheese sauce takes them to the next level.
Check out my collection of egg recipes for more breakfast inspiration.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Easy Egg Bites in the Instant Pot
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ¾ cup cooked meat and/or veggies
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spray egg molds with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs and sour cream.
- Distribute the cheese and meat in the egg molds.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of the meat and cheese, filling each well about 3/4 full. Cover egg mold container with lid or aluminum foil.
- Put 1 cup of water in the bottom of your instant pot. Put the egg mold on a rack over the water.
- Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes then naturally release the stream for about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly before popping the egg bites out of the wells and enjoying.